32- Pre-wedding Jitters

Jesse's POV

I really didn't want to be mean to her, I just wished she would stop all of this fighting she has been doing. After today, she will be legally my wife, and she will have to stop trying to get away from me. "Hey dude, how's it going?" I look over to see my best friend and best man coming into the room. I wondered how it was going between him and Sarah since they got married a week ago.

"I'm hanging in there, how is everything with you and Sarah? How is married life treating you?" I ask seriously wondering if she has stopped fighting him yet?

"Oh, it's the same. She fights me on everything. We haven't done anything physically together yet. She won't, she stays in the guest room at my place locked in most of the time as she still attempts to escape." he grumbles.

"Man, you've got to show her who's in charge, that's your biggest problem!" I replied to him, feeling bad for him. It sucks to watch them fight. I hated being cruel to Makena, but I had no choice most of the time. I had to show her who was in charge here, and she needed to see that.

"Yeah, I'm not so sure that's the way to go about this either. Tell me really how's that whole tuff guy thing going for you?" He asks.

I gritted my teeth and stared at him, "Well, it's not going very well, not as well as I thought. I'm pulling out my last stop here in a little bit when I make her sign the prenup I had drawn up. I know she won't like what's in it, but it's legal and will stand up in court." I smile at him devilishly.

"Ah, and is it a regular standard one?"

I smiled sinisterly at him. "No."

"What is different?"

"It has a special clause in it. It says that if we ever divorce, she'll lose everything, including any children we share since they'll be staying with me. In other words, she'll leave the marriage with nothing." I gloated.

"Wow, you really trapped her there, Jesse. Are you sure fear is the best way to handle it? Does she like you yet?" he asked me with a smirk. I wanted to slap the smirk right off his face.

"To tell you the truth, I am not even certain that it is the right way to go and I am not sure if she has feelings for me. She doesn't exactly throw herself at me, but half the time when I kiss her she doesn't pull away and always kisses me back of her own accord." I admit to him.

"You should probably just ask her!"

"I am not giving her a choice here, Ruben. She's finally mine, and I'm about to make it all legal here too. I will ask her later, after the wedding." I growled at him, it was starting to aggravate me.

"Suit yourself, Buddy. I'm just trying to help."

"Well, stay focused on your own marriage and stay out of mine!" I watch as he shrugs his shoulders and walks out of the room. I finish getting ready in my tux before I check myself out in the mirror. It's time to see my beautiful bride!

***************

Makena's POV

Opening my eyes I let out a long sigh, today was the day I would marry my nightmare. There was nothing I could do to stop it. Every time I have tried, he has blocked me. He was always a step ahead of me, making me wonder if he always would be. I roll out of bed and go to the bathroom to relieve the pressure and take a nice hot shower. He said he wouldn't force himself on me, but what's to stop him once I am his wife? This man did not take "no" for an answer. Particularly when it came from me.

I wrap a towel around my body as I climb out of the shower. Opening the bathroom door I stopped in my tracks as I saw Jesse standing there looking very handsome in his tux. He had an extremely serious expression on his face, as if he were concerned about something. "What's going on?" I realized then that I was standing before him on our wedding day in nothing but a towel.