33- The Wedding Ceremony

Jesse's POV

As the music starts and the doors open revealing her to me my heart skips a beat. She looked absolutely stunning. I watched as she walked slowly towards me, looking in every direction except mine. I knew then that she must have been extremely nervous. She then locks her eyes on mine as she gets closer to me, sending me a soft uncertain smile. Grabbing her hands to steady her step, I felt her shaking form and tried to give her a reassuring smile.

We both turn to face the priest as he clears his throat and starts the long-awaited ceremony. "Do you Jesse Campbell take Makena Kindell as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as both of you shall live?"

"I do," I reply, refusing to turn my gaze away from the beautiful woman before me. He turns his attention to her.

"Do you Makena Kindell take Jesse Campbell to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?" The priest stares down at her, she doesn't answer him right away as I did. I fretted that she was going to do something, so I squeezed her hand. I sent her a reassuring smile while holding my breath.

"I do." She finally replied, and I let out the breath that had been holding. I wanted to jump for joy right away, but instead, I waited patiently for the priest to finish with the ceremony.

"Do you have the rings Jesse?" he asks. I reach into my breast pocket of my shirt and pull them both out. I hand her my wedding band and slip hers onto her slim finger. The priest directs her to do the same, and I smile as she slips the band on my finger. The priest pronounces, "I pronounce you man and wife! You may kiss your beautiful bride."

I look down at my beautiful wife and couldn't help but feel so happy at that moment, I bend down meeting my lips to hers, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her into me. She runs her finger up into my hair as she slides her hands around my neck. I break the kiss as I place my forehead against hers and stare into her beautiful hazel eyes filled with so much emotion, "You are mine now, all mine my Love!" I say before I turn back to the crowd, lacing my fingers in hers. It was indeed time to celebrate our wedding.

Makena's POV

When the music starts and the doors open, I stand there speechless as I take in the crowd in front of me. Watching as they all stand to watch as I slowly walk down the aisle, uncertain whether or not I should be looking at him, I glance around the room before finally locking eyes with him. I send a nervous smile to him as I got closer. I didn't want him to notice my jittery nerves as he reached out to grab my hand to help me up the step.

He sends me a reassuring smile as the priest clears his throat before starting the ceremony. "Do you Jesse Campbell take Makena Kindell to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." He answers the question without taking his eyes off me.

"Do you Makena Kindell take Jesse Campbell to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?" he stares at me as I take a moment before answering that question. I hear the crowd behind us hold their breath. Jesse squeezes my hand, which causes me to look up at him. He gives me a reassuring smile, and I notice him holding his own breath.

"I do." I finally say it out loud after looking into his eyes. He releases his breath. I listen carefully as the priest finishes the ceremony.

"Jesse, do you have the rings?" he asks Jesse as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the two rings. Handing me his, he holds mine out and, taking my left hand, slides it onto my finger. The priest urges me to do the same, and I take his hand and slide the wedding band onto his finger claiming him as mine as the priest finishes, "I now pronounce you as Man and Wife. You may now kiss your beautiful bride."