43- Getting the Information

Jesse's POV

As the cab pulls up to my house an idea came to my mind, what would happen if I called his old number? Would he answer? Maybe they kept it active... and maybe he would answer and I'd get an idea on where to start looking for him. I pull out my phone, scroll through my contacts, and click on his name. I listen to the line ring...

"Well, well, well look who is brave enough to be calling me? Hello Jesse!" I hear his smug tone on the line and resist the urge to punch the wall next to me.

"Oh, please do not give me this...Now you know why I'm calling...I want her back...I want her back right now!" I snap at him, catching Mary bringing me food. I wave for her to put it down and watch her walk slowly back into the kitchen.

"I do?" he says, confused. "What do you mean?"

I was angry, so angry that I couldn't control my temper any longer. "YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" I yell into the phone. I am beyond pissed at how he is acting. This was not a game, it was someone's life. This was my family.

I hear him laugh, and I wanted to punch him right now. "I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about, now excuse me, I have some business to attend to. After all, I stayed locked up for months and that is way too long when I have a business to run." I could hear the smile in his voice as I gritted my teeth together.

"Don't you hurt her Marcel! I swear it! I am coming for you, I will kill you!" I promised him.

"Oh, my god, I'm shaking in my boots right now, the great Jesse Campbell just threatened my life." he laughs.

"Don't hurt them, Marcel." I growl out at him.

"Jesse, I know you think you are all big and bad but you don't scare me, not at all! Now I need to get going." I heard the line click as he hung up, and then there was silence on his side. He didn't even confirm that he had her even though I knew he had her. What was he planning to do with her, he better not hurt my pregnant wife or I really will kill him.

I ignored the plate of food that Mary had brought me, I walked to my office and sat down to think. I needed to figure this all out, but all the thoughts that came into my mind were negatives and I needed to shake them off. I knew that the largest question I had to resolve was where he had established his new base of operations. I needed to locate his base of operations first to stop him.

****************

Makena's POV

I watched as the big brute of a man picked up all the tossed-over furniture and put it back in its place. He had redecorated this room shortly before we left this place. I only stayed in it for one day, so I do not remember it very well. I could not help but notice that one of the nightstands was broken and on its side; it all made me wonder what kinds of things were the police searching for. The man picks it up and throws it through the open door into the hallway. After he was done setting up all the furniture in their appropriate places, he leaves me to clean up the remaining mess.

Looking around at the mess around me, I bend down to pick up a few books that had been scattered around the room after the shelf had been thrown over. I knew the cops had ransacked this place since Jesse told me about it after we had arrived at his home. They discovered that Jesse owned the house and contacted him about it. They were trying to solve the murders of Curtis and Sarah, but they ended up closing it as a murder-suicide, which never sat well with me. But Jesse told me it was better they closed it that way, and told me to leave it alone which I eventually did.

I had no idea what Marcel was planning, but I thought that I and my baby would be okay. All of this felt too familiar as I heard the door unlock and turned to see Charlie enter the room. "Hello," Charlie says with a smile.