53

Dino was supposed to be at lunch

Dino was supposed to be with his friends

Dino was supposed to be helping Vernon with winning over Seungkwan

Dino was supposed to be laughing at some stupid thing Mingyu would do.

Dino was supposed to be doing his job as cupid.

Dino was supposed to be doing a lot of things rn.

But was he?

No.

Dino sat on top of the roof, crying his eyes out. He was having a good day, until he got a text from The8 during the class right before lunch that he was leaving school early and Jun was taking him home.

Dino didn't even know why that set him off, but the second the bell rang dismissing the student's. Dino ran up the flights if stairs to the roof top.

"Why?!" Dino sobbed out as he dumped his backpack onto the floor and tore off his jacket. With a jagged shakey breath, his back crashed agaisnt the wall.

Millions upon millions of memories hit him like a tidal wave, looking back he realized how useless he really was. He was the youngest and held no actual advice.

He wasn't tall and handsome like Mingyu.

Wise and fashionable like The8

Sassy and opinionated like Seungkwan.

Energetic like Hoshi

Wise and calming like Joshua

Clever, kind, or patient like Jeonghan.

He was just there.

The more he thought about these memories, the more he could slowly feel everything else around him melt away. He pulled his knees up to his chest as he rocked back in forth.

However he didn't know someone else comes up here aswell.

A boy with dark blue hair and a pair of black headphones opens the door to the roof top. His eyes widen when he sees Dino.

"Dino?" The boy asks but gets no response, Dino didn't even spare him a glance. Dino was in fact having a panic attack. Without thinking the boy immediately opens his backpack and pulls out his water bottle.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you." The boy says softly. He knows normally to not touch someone when they are having a panic attack but he needs to help Dino somehow.

He carefully took Dino's left hand and opened his water bottle. He poured the cold water on Dino's hand. "Ok Dino you gotta snap out of it. Listen to my voice." The boy says as Dino slowly lifts his head to see the boy infront of him.

"Ok good, hi. Let's count back from ten." He suggests.

"Ten."

"T-T-en." Dino chokes out.

"Good, ok take deep breaths and go slow. Nine."

"Ni-ine."

"Eight."

"...Eight."

"Seven."

"S-Seven."

"Six."

"S-ix."

"Five."

"Fiv-e-e." Dino sighs, his breathing starts to even out.

"Four."

"Four."

"Three."

"Three."

"Two."

"Two."

"One."

"One." Dino exhales deeply.

"How you doing?" The boy asks Dino who nodds gratefully at the other. He was confused how this boy was able to pull Dino out of his own thoughts and back to real life

"I am so confused right now?" Dino asks. "How did you do that, are you some type of magician?" Dino asks and the boy shook his head with a chuckle.

"It's called grounding, it's one of many ways to help bring someone out of a panick attack." The boy said screwing the lid to his water bottle.

"But how did you know my name?" Dino asked another question.

"I know you, I'm Moonbin's friend." The blue haired boy said. Moonbin was a friend of Seungkwan, and someone Dino helped around 1 year ago win the heart of his now boyfriend Cha Eunwoo

"I'm glad I could help, but I have to go, here take this. Ik it's kinda silly but call me if you need anything." The boy smiled handing Dino a card.

The boy placed on his headphones and exited out the door of the rooftop. With a sigh Dino stood to his feet. He himself should probably get to class, his friends were probably wondering where he went.

He then remembered the card that boy gave him, he turned it over and read the small bio.

Name's Rocky.
Call or text me @
295 **** ***
I'll be your hotline.
You are not alone.

"So his name is Rocky?" Dino smiled as he put the card into his pocket.