The New Nurse

Y/n POV
- Intro

My name is Y/n, Y/n L/n. I've recently graduated from college with a degree in nursing. I've applied to work in numerous hospitals but unfortunately I haven't been accepted to a single one; which led me apply for a nursing job at even asylums. Though it wouldn't be my first choice, this way I could still help people.

Shortly after I applied, I got accepted to be a nurse at the most dangerous asylum ever known. From what I've heard, inside they keep the most brutal serial killers. Though that may be the case, my goal is to help people, even killers.

Today was my first day though, I don't know what's ahead for me but whatever it is, I'm ready for it.
-

I parked my car, looking up to the asylum I now work at. It looked desolate, empty even. There were barely even any cars in the parking lot, just a few scattered along parking spaces.

I got out of my car grabbing my bag from the backseat and locking the doors behind me.

I walked to the entrance, the windows seemed to be barred up, as if it was a prison.

I put my hand on the front door handle and yanked it- it's locked.

I looked to the side of the door and clicked a buzzer.

"Hello who is this and what is your business here?" I hear a girl ask through the speaker above my head with an annoyed tone.

"My name is Y/n L/n and I'm here for the nurse position." I called out.

"Just a moment-" She said.

After a moment of silence the door opened with a click.

I walked in, closing the door behind me. I seemed to be in a lobby, there were rows of empty seats with a receptionists desk at the far end of the room.

I approached her desk with a smile, trying to make a good first impression.

She looked up at me with an annoyed expression then looked back down to her papers.

"Go to room 14, your boss should be there." She said without even looking up at me.

"T-Thank you." I said, hoping to at least get a smile from her.

Her silence answered my thanks which made me feel a little down, but I continued to keep a smile on my face.

As I walked down the empty hallway I heard her blow a bubble, then complete silence-

"Weird, there's no other doctors or nurses anywhere." I mumbled to myself as I looked around.

I continued to walk until I reached room 14.

I entered to see a man sitting at a desk, going through some paperwork.

"Ah Y/n!" The man exclaims as he stands up.

"Hello there-?" I ask, not knowing his name.

"Bill Denbrough-"

"Wait a second, aren't you a writer?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah! You're familiar with my books?" He asks, a smile on his face.

"Yeah! I love all of them!" I exclaim.

"What about the endings?" He asks.

I paused, deep down knowing that no one were fond of his endings, though I seemed to find them deep and interesting.

"They're great!" I say, happily.

"Thank god! Someone actually likes them." He says with a nervous chuckle.

"Also I want to say sorry if our receptionist seemed to bother you, she's always like this." He brings up.

"Oh she's no bother at all." I say with a chuckle.

"You know she used to work at a pharmacy, my friend Eddie has dealt with her a lot. I bet you two would be great friends." He says happily.

"I'd love to meet him." I reply with a smile.

"Anyways, what brings you here? Shouldn't you be writing and directing?" I ask, wondering why of all places he would be here.

"Well I work here to keep all the evil contained,  especially Pennywise." He explains, looking nervous as he spoke.

"Ahem! Anyways- I'm going to show you to your room and then introduce you to everyone here." He says with a clearing of his throat.

"Sounds good to me!" I say with pep, trying to stay positive.

"Follow me." He says, marching through the door of his office.

I follow closely behind him, observing each door we go past. They all seemed completely empty.

"Why aren't there many people here?" I ask as I look up to him.

"Well not many people want to work with psychopathic serial killers, and those who do don't usually last long." He says nervously, looking down.

"Well don't worry, I'm going to try as best as I possibly can." I say and he gives me a genuine smile.

After going up a few flights of stairs he leads me to a room, inside is a small white bed, a dresser, desk, and bedside table.

Bill walks over to the dresser and opens it, revealing dark violet nurse scrubs.

"You can put your things down and change into your scrubs. I'll be waiting outside." He says just before walking out.

I nod to him and place my bag down. I undress and change into the scrubs.

I observe myself in the mirror, feeling confident in myself as a nurse.

I walk out the door to see Bill waiting, reading a book.

"I'm all ready!" I say happily.

"Oh great! You already look like you fit in!" He says with a chuckle.

"Anyways- follow me I'll show you all the patients here." Bill says as he begins to walk down the hallway.

I follow behind him, nervousness growing in me though I continue to keep a smile.