III

The party ended pleasantly as expected. The King and Queen were glad that they enjoyed their celebration.

The Queen had already retired to their bed chambers, carrying the prince who was asleep.

The King smiles as the last guests bid them farewell, upon closing the doors of the palace, he sees a hand reaching towards him.

He jumps, grabbing his sword and swinging it to the intruder. It laughs at him.

"Always so jumpy, Diamond King." he holds the sword, tipping it away from his face as he walks out of the shadows.

The king heaves a relieved sigh, putting his sword down.

"I thought you left earlier, Emerald King."

The King's smile left, replaced by his stern look, the one he uses when he face battles for the kingdom.

"Diamond king, have you realized?"

"Realized what, my friend?"

The Emerald King's face darkens, his words causing an inner turmoil within the other.

"It's near, your Highness. Five centuries has passed already, it will come again."

He faced the king, dread and worry etched in his features, "They will comeback."

The Diamond King stood frozen in his place. "That's impossible."

"It is. Remember the time I embarked on an unknown journey on my own? I discovered a few of them, my friend."

"You what?" The Diamond King's face almost paled, but he stood him self straight.

"I discovered the black magic wielders, they live far away, a month away if you travel by ship, but we can't be sure."

"What happened to them?"

The Emerald King turns his face away, staring at the vast seas outside the window, "I had to do what must be done, Diamond King."

The other's eyes widen at the proclamation, "You--? Did you use your magic against them?" He said so quietly, almost a mere whisper.

The Emerald King nods his head, "I have to make sure none of them will survive. We must protect this kingdom at all cost."

Both remained silent, not knowing what to do, it's been centuries since they got near their kingdom, they weren't many, but they were strong enough to bring damage to do so.

The Diamond King rubs his temples, he faces the other, "Do you think it's time?"

"I think so too, my friend. The next generation must be prepared for what will come." He says, voice low.
"I must prepare my son." The Emerald king says to him, "You must prepare yours too."

"Wait! Son? You have a son?" His eyes widen, for all he knows his friend doesn't even have a mate. Not that he knows of.

The Emerald King rubs his nape in embarrassment, "Not yet. I may have found a future mate. But surely, in the future, my son will go down the same path I did, if not, greater. So will the Sapphire King's son, I can tell the boy is gonna be an alpha when he grows up."

The Diamond King looks away, "I'm not sure if my son will be an alpha, Emerald King." He states, eyes downcast. "My queen's blood is stronger than mine, I'm sure he will be an omega when the time comes."

He hears the other laugh, "So? I'm sure your son will be more than just an omega, my friend. He will be a Prince and future in line to the throne."

Diamond King smiles at his friend, "Thank you. Wise as always aren't you."

The other king chuckles, a mischievous smile showing on his lips, "Surely, there will be alphas lining for him, especially Prince Seungcheol of the Sapphire Kingdom."