LXIV

•••

The castle is bustling with life again. Everyone was busy, rushing back and forth as an important event is about to come again. The last time they had this grand gesture was too long ago. The change of pace wasn't unwelcome but it overwhelms him.

It was like yesterday that Seungkwan had turned one year old.

Now, Seungkwan is about to get married.

The adherence of the request granted by their father was not what they anticipated when they were called to his study room. It was more directed to their youngest, but slips of protests were an immediate response, shocking them to the core. Seungkwan kept mum, eyes cast down, as he listens to his hyungs argue with their father that— no, he can't gobut it fell on deaf on his ears as they were waved off.

And it was no surprise, they did and didn't expect for the youngest prince to acquiesce. He was nervous and giddy at the same time, explaining in a hush voice that its for the greatness of both kingdom's benefit. Jihoon could only roll his eyes, he knows better that anyone that the real reason was because of Prince Hansol.

Jihoon has no qualms with the young alpha, he was good kid and treats Seungkwan with utmost respect, however, he can't help but feel sad, seeing as how he's gonna leave them soon, no more nagging and banters, randomly belting out tunes on the top of his lungs as he strums the guitar for them, funny jokes to giggle at, and to playfully bully into getting him food. They don't want to let go, but with the way Seungkwan's eyes twinkle with glee when he's with Hansol, they know its better that way.

Jihoon decided to help rather than hole up in his room the whole day, volunteering to go down the storage room, so he can be alone. He was still upset with their father, yet he can't refute to his wishes, what he and the Jade King had talked was out of the question.

Steadily climbing up his cloud, Nine descends up until he reaches the top of the shelf in the storage room. He wants to retrieve a few items they had planned to use during the wedding. At first, Jihoon wanted to write something for them and sing it, but Hansol had politely declined, rambling on and on about how he wants to sing for his betrothed as a gift. He found the gesture so sweet that he pinched the younger's cheek, earning an embarrassed yelp.

When he retrieves the six large boxes, he mounts them on the cloud, having to scoot further on the edge to fit them all so he doesn't have to go back up again. The storage room was quite dusty, making his eyes watery.

"Let's go down now." He pats the cloud gently as it slowly descends with the weight added on him, and it answers him with a rumble that made him giggle. Nine and him have bonded more, taking it every where with him, except for their bed chambers since his brothers are wary of it so he lets it go out and now he can understand what the noises his cloud make.

Jihoon fences one the box with his hand, pulling it close to him so it won't fall, so he scoots backwards even more.

Wrong move.

When he felt nothing the moment he moved back, he tried to scramble up but lost his grip.

If he's lucky, he will only hurt his back, the fall isn't that high, or so he thinks. He closes his eyes and braces the pain that will happen.

He lands with an omph.

Not on the floor.

Floors are not soft nor it does laugh.