XXXIV

•••

Jihoon watches Soonyoung prancing back and forth, getting his things ready for his away trip with Prince Junhui. The thundercloud the alpha gave him, Nine, has never left his side, always trailing besides Jihoon, its sparks of yellow and orange lightning scaring the maids, roaring every now and then. Jihoon wants to pat it but doesn't dare to, he might get his hand burned so he opts in talking to it when he feels like, it thunders back as if answering, but Jihoon doesn't talk cloud language so he doesn't know what its trying to tell him.

A few minutes later, Soonyoung stands beside Jihoon, carrying a small backpack, grinning at him. "So..."

"So?" Jihoon mimics.

His grin widens, borderline teasing, "Don't I get a goodbye kiss?"

Jihoon inhales deeply, tips of his ears turning red. He should be used to the alpha's shameless flirting but it always surprises him when he does, so he does what he's best at.

He punches Soonyoung in the stomach.

The alpha clutches his stomach, keeling in pain. Jihoon rolls his eyes at him, "Oh please, it wasn't even that hard."

"Uh-huh, sure." Soonyoung stands, wincing slightly, picking his fallen backpack on the ground.

"Where's Prince Junhui?"

As if on cue, bickering could be heard not so away from them. They look back to see Minghao hitting Junhui on the shoulder.

"Just leave already, you annoying rat."

"When will you accept my love, my dearest prince?"

Minghao stomps his way to where Jihoon is, brows scrunched together as he glares at Junhui who steps besides him, smirking.

"When will you two stop with the fighting?" Jihoon sighs, exasperated. His ears might bleed from all the chinese speaking they do, one more and he might smack them both, and Soonyoung.

"Sorry hyung. This dolt won't stop either way."

Soonyoung laughs lightly, pulling the other alpha by his side, seeing as how Minghao's fist is about to land on Junhui's face. "Let's bid them goodbye now, Junhui."

Jihoon roams his small eyes around, "Where's your carriage?"

Soonyoung shakes his head at him and looks up at the sky. Jihoon groans and covers his ears as the alpha whistles loudly.
Another thundercloud descends from the sky, this time much larger than Nine, it could probably fit five people on it.

Nine roars louder as the larger cloud lands in front of them, floating nearer and bumps it. "Uh, what is Nine doing?" Jihoon asks, weirder out as Soonyoung places their things on it.

"It's greeting its mother." Jihoon lets out a loud 'eh' making Soonyoung laugh at his cuteness. "Hmm, its name is MC, short for mother cloud."

"MC Cloud?" Jihoon snorts at that, coming closer to it. He walks around, amazed at its sheer size.

Minghao feels ridiculous at the whole thing happening in front of him, watching as the two thunderclouds roaring at each other. "Why can't Prince Soonyoung summon an ordinary cloud? This one seems dangerous."

"That's because ordinary clouds don't have lightning on it, so no. He can't summon. It's fine though, it won't kill us." Junhui explains, hoisting himself up on the cloud. 

"Goodbye, my sweet little dumpling." He winks, sending a flying kiss to Minghao. The omega rolls his eyes, catching it with his left hand and puts it in his pocket. Junhui gasps, dramatically falling on the cloud in feels.

Soonyoung chortles in amusement, looking at Jihoon, about to do the same when the omega sends him a withering glare. "Be safe." Jihoon whispers to him, as the cloud ascends up and swiftly moves along with wind.

Nine floats back to Jihoon's side, roaring softly. "Don't be sad, Nine." He mumbles to the cloud who bumps on his hip.

"Jihoon hyung." Minghao calls.

He sets his eyes on Minghao, whose irritated expression turning into worry. "Yes, Hao?"

"Tell me if I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this." Minghao sets his eyes on the direction they went, "I'm worried."

Jihoon snorts, leaning on the cloud for support, "A minute ago you wanted him to leave, now you're suddenly worried. Since when do you care for your betrothed?"

When his younger brother doesn't respond, he places a hand on his shoulder, "Did Junhui tell you why they're leaving?"

"No, but ever since my attendant gave him that book, he won't stop spacing out." Jihoon cocks his head to the side, "What book?"

Minghao suddenly curses, looking at Jihoon with wide eyes, "Hyung, let's follow them."

•••

Speeding up as fast as the cloud could, Soonyoung enjoys the wind gliding through his face, messing his hair. He glances at Junhui who was busy spacing out. He taps his shoulder, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm thinking about something."

"Not someone?" He teases the older who winks as a reply.

Soonyoung sits in front of Junhui, "Be honest, Junhui. Why are we going to your kingdom?"

Junhui ruffles his hair, frustrated for a moment before pulling out something in his bag. Placing it on his lap, the object glints under the sun. Soonyoung squints his eyes and gapes when he realizes what it is.

"Why the fuck is that thing frozen?"

Junhui shrugs, not knowing what to answer, "Prince Minghao's attendant, Sicheng, gave it to me. Something about how ice magic could help."

Junhui had sleepless nights because of the object in his lap, he wants to find answers so he'll go and find some. First stop is his kingdom. He remembers where he has seen the those writings before, his father had a collection of the oldest books to date, hidden in his study room. Junhui saw him reading from it once. He needs to search for his father's book collection but they have to sneak inside and steal it.

"Have you tried thawing it?" Soonyoung picks the book about, flipping it around.

"Yeah, I have, but the symbols started glowing and hit me back with my magic." Junhui points to the symbols, he can't fathom what they might be, the drawings seems vague and old.

"Someone might have casted a protection spell to it, but why?"

"That's why were going home, to look for answers."

•••