LIV

•••

"What are you doing here?"

Soonyoung stops midway, eyes on the younger's back that's facing him. He scratches his head, embarrassed at being caught, when he was trying to subtly check if he was okay. He made sure his steps weren't making any noise, and it was raining so he shouldn't have heard him, Soonyoung was impressed to say. His sneaky behavior might not get pass him.

"I asked you a question."

Jihoon doesn't turn, but he knows its his betrothed, seeing as how he was staring at him with worried glances the whole time and even after he left, and he was right when he followed. It was thoughtful of him to do so, but he was still mad at him– he may also feel partially guilty, however that can be sorted any other day.

Jihoon never felt so much emotions hit him all at once. He was always level-headed with situations, yet the events that happened now was all too much, not only to him but also for his brother, but Jihoon withheld all of it in him, blinking up at the ceiling to hide the proof of his pain. He was mostly worried about Jeonghan, the eldest was the one who found their mother and the horrible sight of the throne room. Seungkwan will be okay, he has the two youngest with him. Minghao can keep his calm at some point, Wonwoo needs someone to keep him in check at times, and Jisoo was a totally different story.

His rather silent betrothed irks him, so he turns around to glare, the older raising his hands, darting his eyes away from him. "H-hi?"

"You haven't answered my question. What are you doing here?"

"To see if you're alright."

Jihoon scoffs, turning back to where he was staring, not regarding him with an answer. The alpha sighs, casting his look outside the window, the rain pouring harder than before. It was cliché if you ask him. Whenever something bad is about to happen, there will always be rain in the background, trying to pull you into a miserable state, enveloping you into a dwell of loneliness. The heavier the downpour, the sadness turns deeper.

Soonyoung didn't think like that before. He loved the rain, he would run around and play with it as kid, it helped him concentrate, and brings a sense of home to him. Yet, his perspective changed. He noticed a certain pattern to it. It was a never ending cycle for him. It rained when he lost his mother. Even harder when he lost so many men during their voyage, storms came to aggravate their situation. It rained when his favorite horse died, when the old lady of the shop he used to go to after duties. As if the rain sympathizes with their hearts, it also cries for their loss. Its droplets as your tears, the thunder and lightning roars as if trying to voice out ones own feelings hidden inside.

He wonders if the rain will ever bring good memories too.

"Prince Jihoon, I'm sorry."

The omega wanted to ignore it, but the sincerity dripping from it made him crumble. "What for?"

He knows the answer, but he wants to hear it. Jihoon wants him to apologize for locking him, looking down on him and staining his pride. If he does, he might reconsider and say his sorry too.

"For hurting you."

No, idiot. Jihoon, stupid, no.

Rubbing his eyes in an agitated manner, he inclines to the left, bringing his sleeves and presses it on his face. When he removes it, Soonyoung can see the traces of red in his eyes, he chides him softly. "You're making it worse."

The alpha offers him a white handkerchief, small floral patterns embroidered on the edges, and a Kwon Soonyoung on the top left was there. Jihoon eyes it warily, picking it up with two fingers. "What's this for?"