LV

•••

"What about you?"

Jisoo closes the last door softly, assured that the young ones have already eaten. He visited each one of his siblings, handing them trays of their favorites to eat to at least appease what their feeling.  Seungkwan was still a bit unsteady, holding unto him when he entered, but he placates him with a sweet smile. He knows he'll be fine with Hansol and Chan with him. Wonwoo was asleep on the couch in the library when he found him, Mingyu sitting the end, head down on the arm rest. He called for the attendant to stay with them, placing the tray on the table. Jihoon was in their chambers, strumming his guitar. The younger didn't want to eat but the glare he sent made him so. Minghao was under his bed, hiding from him. He has to drag him by the feet to acquiesce him into eating, Jihoon laughing at their antics. Jisoo wishes for the happy days to comeback when he sees them smile. Jeonghan was still in their Father's study room, he was not allowed to enter so he left it to the guard with a note for the eldest.

"Hmm? I don't have the appetite to eat."

Seokmin stops in his steps, giving him a look, "You had to impel your brothers so they won't sleep on an empty stomach yet here you are not taking care of yourself."

Jisoo feels himself go soft, giggling at his words, "I'm fine, really. You don't have to worry."

"How can I not worry? You have not eaten since morning, Prince Jisoo. What if you faint due to exhaustion?"

Seokmin didn't gave him a chance to speak up as he feels his wrist being grabbed, walking their way to the stairs.
Jisoo lets him be, focusing on the weird beating his heart is doing at the simple thought that his betrothed is trying his best to take care of him. Being born as the second eldest, it was somewhat his responsibility to care for the younger ones and not Jeonghan's. The eldest was focused on the soon to be duties he has as the Queen dictates him to do; endless studying of the kingdoms history, trade and exchange, its people, taxes and revenues, learn the laws and be ready to govern the kingdom on his own one day. He had it rough than they do, so Jisoo took it up to him to supervise and ensure he's at his best. They come first before him, whether its at eating, studying, play time, or anything.

So its not also a surprise when he gets the least attention from their mother. Jisoo doesn't mind, not at all, his siblings are more important than he is. Yet, there are times he wants her to cherish him too, which was quite an impossible feat to achieve. She never valued him as a son but more of a prince obligating his duties.

"What do you want?"

Jisoo snaps out of his grim thoughts, glancing at where they are. The castle's kitchen.

Seokmin lets go of his hold, taking the bluish apron hanging near the door. He walks around, eyes roaming on the contents of the kitchen, looking for something. "Is there anything in particular that you want?"

"Surprise me." Jisoo says, sitting on kitchen stool by the corner, placing his hands on the table, giving him an expectant look. Seokmin weakly laughs, scratching the nape of his neck, "Don't have high expectations though."

He goes into rummaging through the cupboards in the room, opening the boxes stacked on the side to see something he can use for cooking. Jisoo wonders if he knows his way around, but since he has a younger brother he can cook a thing or two. He watches as Seokmin clutters around, almost dropping the knife in his grasp since he's holding it in weird way, it seems like he doesn't know how to use it.
He stands up and is about to help him when someone knocks on the door.