XIX

•••

Jeonghan smiles proudly at how his brothers are interacting with each other. Seeing as how they were locked inside the castle walls with only each other to be with.

On top of that, they were interacting with alphas, who will be their husbands and mates.

With the impending marriage, it wouldn't be a hassle to talk about and he wouldn't have to wrangle his brothers into convincing them. 'All for the sake of the Kingdom's future.'

Everyone is getting along fairly.

'Well, except for one.'

Jeonghan looks at Jihoon who is sulking besides him. The latter not leaving his side and would look away when he was approached and addressed to. He hasn't even introduced himself to anyone.

The eldest internally sighs at his behavior but he can't blame the younger. Jihoon is really, really shy after all, not to mention sarcastic when he wants to be.

"Hoon? Why don't you go and join them?" He sees Jihoon shake his head and looks down at his shoes. "I don't want to."

Jeonghan is about to coax the younger with the promises of extra rice on his plate at dinner when something or rather someone catches his eye.

This someone seems to be staring at his younger brother for a while now. Luckily, he doesn't have to push Jihoon into talking since he knows who the prince is.

"Prince Soonyoung." Jeonghan calls out, the call of his name jerks the prince away from his shameless staring, his tiny eyes turning wide and points to himself as if asking if he was the one called.

Jeonghan chuckles lightly and motions for him with a wave of his hand.

Soonyoung fixes his hair in place and pats his clothes before walking to where the two princes are with his eyes transfixed on the shorter one.

He places a hand across his chest and bows his head in a lieu of greeting. The prince who called him seems impressed and places a hand on his shoulder. "Once a soldier, always a soldier, General Kwon."

Soonyoung lets a charming grin slip on his face as he was addressed by his military title. "Well for this night, I have to be a prince, your Highness."

Jeonghan could feel Jihoon tugging on his coat jacket, he flashes a grin to his younger brother before facing the other prince. "Is that so? Would you be so kind to company my younger brother then, Prince Soonyoung?'

Said prince's eyes widen at the suggestion before grinning ear to ear. "It'll be an honor to do so, Prince."

Jeonghan could hear Jihoon mentally chanting 'no' in his head so he swiftly moves away before the younger could protest.

Jihoon almost cusses out, sending daggers to where his older brother when the prince spoke,"Is something wrong, your Highness?"

"Uhm." He lets out awkwardly before nodding his head, unknowingly wringing his hands. This doesn't go unnoticed by Soonyoung as he takes the prince's hand. Shocked by the sudden contact, Jihoon was unable to do anything and watches as the other's thumbs rubs circles on each wrist. The pinkness of his cheeks however went unnoticed.

"Are you nervous or upset, Prince? Wringing your hand is a sign of anxiety. Mayhaps, am I making you uncomfortable?"

When he was met with silence, he looks at the prince, who is still staring their hands. Soonyoung gently lets go of his hands and calls for him again.

Jihoon shouldn't have looked up because when he did, their faces were merely inches away. Soonyoung's face etched in worry as the prince's face turned a bright shade of red.

"Y-you're too c-close." was all Jihoon could say as he stares at him. A stray of silver hair falling into his face and Jihoon tries so hard not to comb it back in place.

He snaps out of his daze and immediately gives the omega prince space, apology running out of his mouth. "I deeply apologize for my misbehavior, Prince. I didn't mean to touch you. I would understand if you won't forgive me."

Jihoon wills his heart to stop beating so fast and collects himself. "It's okay. Thank you." He lets a tiny smile grace his lips towards the prince.

'Beautiful.' is the only thing he could think of and smiles back.

"I haven't introduced myself to you yet, your Highness. I am Prince Soonyoung Kwon of the Emerald Kingdom."

"Prince Jihoon, third youngest."

The Queen beams proudly at them. It seems the marriage could go well. She sees Jeonghan walk to her after talking to Jisoo and Seokmin.

"I'm happy your brothers are getting along with them."

Jeonghan steps besides her and hums. "When will the wedding take place, Mother?"

"Next month, during the full moon, my dear." The Queen answers. She could see how her eldest seems be troubled.

"Mother, may I ask what exactly is the reason of this marriage?"

The Queen averts her eyes and into the room, "Its for the kingdom's sake, Jeonghan. Nothing more, nothing less." The tone of her voice leaves no space for arguments and questions. Heaving a sigh, he was about to turn away when the King approaches them and in tow was one the prince, the only one he hasn't met.

"Ah, here he is. I have been wondering where you were, Jeonghan."

"I had been keeping Jihoon company before Prince Soonyoung decided to be in my place." He explains, pointing to where his brother and Prince Soonyoung were. Jihoon eyes were turning into crescents as he smiles and laughs at what the prince was telling him.

The King grins at him, expression proud for some reasons. "I wanted to introduce you to someone, Jeonghan."

Somehow, he could feel a hint of rising nervousness but he wills it to go away, "Who is he, Father?"

The King looks back at the prince behind him and gestures him to come forward.

"This is Prince Seungcheol Choi of the Sapphire Kingdom. Seungcheol, this is my eldest son and heir, Prince Jeonghan."

Seungcheol takes his left hand and leans down to press a kiss on it. "Pleasure to see you again, Prince Jeonghan."

There was familiarity in his voice that he couldn't pinpoint as to what and the moment his lips made contact on his hand, it almost made Jeonghan weak on his knees.

"Likewise, Prince Seungcheol."

He slowly lets go of his hand and when he did, something flashes across his mind, there where blurry remnants of something he couldn't tell, he could hear people screaming in agony and red.

The sudden flash made him dizzy, clutching his head, he groans in pain. He could hear shouts of his name, his eyelids felt heavy and the last thing he saw before he closed his eyes was Prince Seungcheol's face filled with worry and pain.