LI

•••

Hansol gingerly drapes the blanket over Seungkwan's shoulder, glancing at him with concern. Chan was seated in front of them, fiddling with his fingers, not knowing what to do dissipate the tense and heavy atmosphere they are in. The omega had been struck mute with what happened, staring with lifeless eyes at anyone who approached him.

They were all rendered astound and shock at the news of the Queen's death, but it must have hit him the most, being the youngest of the family. The laying corpse of her that he saw can absolutely give him nightmares, and would leave a deep scar in his heart. The horrid sight of the throne room didn't help either. The whole castle was ordered to be locked down, guards appointed at each exit, the maids and servants were kept in their rooms, the attendants staying with their princes. The king took refuge to his study room, Jeonghan following him closely, shoulders trembling slightly. The door that banged shut against the wall made everything quiet after that.

The rain poured harder, lightning flashes across the skies accompanied by thunder.

Seungkwan tried to stop crying, pressing his palms against his eyes, he might have pushed a little harder since he can see black and white spots dancing behind his eyelids, the moment he removed his hand, the image came back on his mind. She looked beautiful even in her death, if not for the wound in her stomach, the blood dripping on the floor makes him want to puke, but he was too distraught as he leans his head unto Jisoo's, sobbing his heart out.

It felt surreal.

He sniffs, feeling the water works filling his vision. A sob rises up his throat, so he covers his face with his hands, biting his lips to stop. Something warm touches his back, and he looks up to see Hansol, gaze warm and soft, he moves his hand on his back, up and down in a comforting manner. "Its alright to cry, Boo."

Hansol pulls him close, letting him lean down on his shoulder for support. He knows the pain of losing someone you love so much. The trauma and sleepless nights you'd spend wondering where they are, how they are even if they're dead, blaming yourself for what happened, how could they leave you when you needed them. The wound in his heart may heal but the scar will remain, reminding you of your fears. He lost his mother too, so he empathizes with his betrothed. It took him years to move on from his mother's death, he knows Seungkwan might take twice as he did, but he'll be there all the way to help him. Be the rainbow after the rain for the omega.

When his shoulders stop shaking, he gently puts a finger on his chin, making him look up. The omega's eyes were swollen from crying, nose and cheeks red. "It'll be okay, Kwannie. I'm here."

Seungkwan let's his lips curve up for a bit at his words, meeting his eyes to convey how thankful he is for his presence.

They hear someone cough, "I'm here too, in case you forget."

Hansol puts his hand down, both staring at Chan, who's lips forming into a pout. Seungkwan softly giggles, reaching over to the youngest and squeezes his knee. "Thank you, too, Chan."

The young alpha huffs, turning sideways so they wouldn't see his ears going red.

"I'm guessing you're okay for now?"

Seungkwan pulls the blanket tighter on his body, "I will be."

"I understand what you feel, Boo. Chan and I do. We've both lost people too." Hansol starts, glancing at the former who nods his head for him to continue.

Seungkwan pauses for a while, blankly looking at the table in between them. The alpha can hear thoughts whirling in his head but he doesn't butt in. Probably about his mother. So it took him by surprise that the previously crying prince started to chuckle dryly, no mirth in his gaze. They both stare at him, completely baffled. "I don't think you understand what I feel." He says after a beat, voice downing an octave.