X

•••

"The king is so handsome." An omega girl looking like in her mid-thirties says as the Amethyst King passes through in their carriage. Other omega girls sighs dreamily beside her. Hands waving and calling out to them.

"The prince is more handsome though. Those jawline of his can cut me anytime." An omega boy whispers to his beta friend who only nods his head. They watch the carriage where the King and his son are passing by, waving at the people, charming smiles on their faces.

"Son, when we arrive, I want you at your best behavior."

The prince rolls his eyes at the statement, "I'm not even gonna doing anything."

"That's the problem." The king chuckles seeing his son pout at him, "You're not even doing anything yet you managed to break 5 vases."

"But I only stared at it." He answers indignantly and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You're lucky the omega who owns the store didn't get mad or else I would have made you clean the mess."

"Father." The prince whines.
"Besides, I'm lucky this handsome face could get me away from trouble." He smirks and flashes another grin to the omegas waving outside the carriage window, they all squeal as the prince's smile widens.

"And where else would you get that handsome face of yours, hmm?" 

"Not you, obviously." He replies, sticking his tongue out. The king laughs at his childish behavior.

"You ungrateful brat!" He grabs his hair and messes it. The younger squawks and pushes his hands away. "Father! I spent ages styling my hair, you're ruining it."

"Oh please, you still look good. You're my son."

"I am mother's son, not yours." He teases back but falls silent as he sees his father's crestfallen expression.

"Father, I'm sorry. I didn't mean--"

His apology was cut as the king reaches for his hand and squeezes it lightly, "It's alright. You do look like your mother, after all. Especially, those eyes of hers."

The young prince ducks his head low so his father won't see the tears forming, "I miss her so much, Father."

He whispers, the King's heart hurt at the broken expression his son has. He moves to sit beside him and gathers the boy in his arms. "I miss her so much too, my son. She may have left the world to soon but I'm happy she gave me an angel like you."

"Mother was the best, wasn't she?"

"She was the only omega I could ask for. She didn't need no alpha but I was so lucky she chose me." He recalls as his son wipes his tears away.

"I wanna marry an omega just like Mother."

The king smiles, "Is that so?"

He nods his head excitedly, the sad atmosphere changing into a happy one once again. "Hmm. I want someone who would take care of me when I'm sick, kisses my injury since I'm so clumsy. Someone who is smart and nerdy and loves to read. And they would tell me about it. Someone who can make me feel as if I'm safe and secure when I'm with them. They'll love my childish antics and never get tired of loving me and ..."