LXIX

Its been more than a year since I last updated and I decided to do one again. I don't know if my writing is still good but I hope you'll like it. 😗

•••

"Has Taeyong been too busy?" Jeonghan trudges slower than he has to, awed by the pulchritudinous designs all over the place. Stepping up into the small dais, he watches everyone work, setting up everything perfect for his youngest sibling's wedding.

He couldn't help but glaze over, eyes stinging with a few tears, as his heart gets pricked with nostalgia and melancholy. Jeonghan tries not too dwell on the sadness and be happy for Seungkwan, but if anything, his heart is going to feel empty not to have the youngest close to him and have him in his arms. He doesn't have anyone to coddle and coo at early in the mornings, someone to sing for when they have trouble falling asleep. Jihoon might be the second youngest, but he hates being too intimate with his brothers unless he does it first, so Jeonghan couldn't really baby him compare to Seungkwan. He looks up at the crystal chandelier decorated with silk ribbons so the attendant wouldn't see him weep so early in the morning.

"He has other duties to attend to, Prince. For now, I'll be your company." Doyoung walks a bit behind him, watching around the large hall turned for the wedding. The king is still resigned in his study room. No one dared to go near it, for fear what he can do if they take a step.

"What other duties? Why wasn't I informed about this?"

"Apologies for his absence, your highness. But I haven't seen him either."

Jeonghan tries not to be suspicious about it. His attendant had never missed a day of his duty to him, whether serving him or just being his company, Taeyong is there. A constant presence for the past years. For him not to be there for a day is understandable, but to be gone for nearly a week is raising questions that shouldn't be there. If he needed a break to go and be with his mate, is feeling sick, or needed a time for himself, Jeonghan would be informed and he'll let him. He trusts the attendant with his life.

"I have not seen even a glimpse of him, don't you think this is concerning?"

Jeonghan turns to him, confusion written all over his face. Doyoung could only look down, he couldn't answer the eldest prince's inquiry, for he doesn't know where Taeyong has been going to. None of them know where. Ever since they talked that day,  it was a silent agreement to trust the other on what he'll do if, they might not know what is it yet, but they have no choice but to blindly hold on for now, and pray that Taeyong won't fail. If it does, it will be their fault.

They can't fail again.

The whole kingdom will collapse if they show weakness on such an important day.

Doyoung looks at the Prince, who has turned to inspect the neatly arranged flowers by the aisle, praising the arrangement, the silent vow they made with the deceased queen flashing in his mind.

Wherever Taeyong is, they'll trust him.

The loud knock that resonated around the hall made them turn their heads to the wooden door, wondering who it may be. Doyoung trudges to the entrance, opening to see the intruder.

"I was told that Prince Jeonghan would be here?"

Prince Seungcheol stands, eyebrow raised at Prince Wonwoo's attendant with a polite smile on his lips. The attendant nods, bowing slightly before letting him in.