XLV

•••

Jihoon glares at his personal guard, who's blocking the door of his bed chambers. Taeyong came in and informed them that his oldest brother was in the attendants room and requested for Jisoo to follow. Jihoon is worried, they all were, when they woke up and found he wasn't in his bed. When he tried to follow them out of the room, he's guard stopped him and apologetically informed him that he can't leave because of Prince Soonyoung's specific order not to allow him take one step out of the door or else.

"Johnny, I'm warning you. Move." He growls under his breath, making the tall alpha flinch yet he didn't budge from his place. Johnny looks away, his eyes pleading at his mate to do something to help ease the furious prince.

"Prince, please. We're just following orders." Ten tries to coax him into listening but the younger huffs, glaring harder at the both of them.

"And whose order are you gonna follow? His or mine?!" Jihoon knows he sounds like a petulant brat for not getting what he wants, but he never understood why he has to be locked up.

It has always been that way in his years of existing the castle, its four sturdy walls caging them in, not allowed to step out of the gates. It was a forbidden rule. They were treated like they would break any time and Jihoon hates it. He knows his betrothed knows about this, yet he chose to do the same to him. He is not a damsel in distress, he doesn't need to be hidden, guarded like a gemstone, locked up like a secret. He can stand on his own.

Jihoon pulls at his hair, bitter flashbacks flooding his mind of his childhood, teenage years and now.

'Jihoon, my child, how many times to I have to tell you not to go out?!'

'No, you can't play under the rain. You can get sick.'

'Prince, you might hurt yourself, let me do it instead.'

'He's so small and weak, make sure to appoint a guard for him.'

'Prince, I'll accompany you, it might be dangerous.'

'You cannot go to the gardens alone, Jihoon. You have an attendant for a reason!'

'Prince Soonyoung is the most suited alpha for Jihoon to marry. He will be able to protect him. It will put me at ease if it happens.'