XVII

•••

Chan watches as his brother and the rest, the discomfort he felt getting worse when they started to curse at each other, blaming who caused the fall.

'What have I gotten myself into?' He thoughts. The king coughs to get their attention. The princes seems to snapped out of it, facing the king and bows to them.

"Aren't they lively." The Queen says, looking at them. "You've all grown up so well."

"They remind me of my youth along with their fathers." The king says, walking up to the tallest. He eyes him up and down. "This height of yours and tan skin, you're the Amethyst King's son. Nice to see you, Prince Mingyu." He pulls the boy into an embrace, Mingyu almost falls having to bend a bit. He sighs in relief as the king lets go of him out of the tight hug. "Likewise, your Highness."

The king moves to the next, the boy almost shrinks back at the king's gaze. Almost laughing at the awkward silence between them, he pats him on the head instead. "I see you also have your Father's shyness. And that foreign face that the Jade King has. I'm glad to finally meet you, Prince Hansol."

Hansol bows down, head almost to the floor, "Nice to m-meet you, Your Highness."

The boy beside him chuckles, "Don't stutter, Hansol-ah." The latter glares at him making him shut up.

"That face and smirk, you surely resemble the Ruby King when he was young, Prince Junhui." Said prince shakes his hand with the King. "I'm glad to see you well, your Highness."

"Being polite doesn't suit you, hyung." The boy besides him says. This causes the King to laugh at his words. "Well, well I could recognize that laugh of yours, certainly familiar with the Amber King. You look handsome, Prince Seokmin."

Seokmin was about to say his thanks when he hears someone laugh. He glares at the two people beside him.

The King turns his head at the two. Smile going wide at their familiar faces. "I know that eyes of yours, exactly like your Father. How have you been, Prince Soonyoung?"

Soonyoung stops laughing and faces the king, bowing with a polite smile on his face. "I've been well, your Highness."

He pulls Soonyoung into a half embrace, whispering into his ear, "I've had news of what happened. I'm glad you are safe."

"I've managed well. Its safe to assume the days would go calm." He replies, expression turning serious. The King pats his shoulders and murmurs his thanks.

Looking at the last prince, he couldn't help but grin, the boy he met years ago turned into a fine young man. "Its been years, isn't it? You're just like how I remembered you, Prince Seungcheol."

"Indeed its been years. I'm grateful to see you fine, Diamond King." The King gives him a short embrace. He looks at all of them and he grins, "Now as I see it. I know who will be with who."

His statement garnered the attention of everyone in the room. The King looks back at where his sons are along with Prince Chan and calls for them to come forth. The alpha princes couldn't help feel nervous about the situation.

However, the omega princes didn't move from their place. Instead, they hid behind Jeonghan who was beside Chan and the Queen. Confused by their behavior and finding it rude, he tries to scold his brothers but Jihoon who was behind him, holds him in place. Even though he is the smallest out of all his siblings, Jihoon's strength wasn't a joke.

"Father wants us to meet them. Quit being rude and greet the Princes." Jeonghan hisses, grabbing Jihoon's arm to pull him but the younger didn't budge.

"But hyung, what if--" Seungkwan tries to reason but Jeonghan shuts him with a glare.

"U-um, Prince Seungkwan, I'm sure my hyungs aren't as scary as you think they are." Chan tries to ease the older. He watches as Seungkwan's face turn red, mumbling to himself. 'That's the problem, I don't find them scary.'

The Queen comes in between, she pats Seungkwan's hair lightly, "I'm sure the princes are weary after such travel, why don't we welcome them?"

The rest of them could only nod. Jihoon begrudgingly lets go of his hold on Jeonghan's arms but still hides behind him.

Jeonghan trudges to where the princes are, his brothers trailing behind him like how little ducklings follow their mother on a pond. Chan watches amused at their behavior before trudging to his hyung.

He pulls Seokmin in front of the omega princes and with a wide grin on his face, introduces him.

"Princes, I would like to introduce my older brother." He gestures at his brother who was wide eyed staring at him then to the princes, gaping like a fish out of water. Chan nudges him at the side, harshly whispering, "hyung, introduce yourself."

Seokmin clears his throat loudly. Once, then again, but ended up in a coughing fit. Chan hisses in embarrassment as he smacks his older brother in the back. The younger looks up under his bangs to see the princes giggling and gawking. Prince Wonwoo rolling his eyes then turns his attention to the book he brought.

"Are you okay?" The soft gentle voice asking made Seokmin look up too fast and almost bumps his head into the person. He is met with eyes imploring at him worriedly, his stare almost made him melt. His pretty lashes were long. Cheeks tinted with pink hues and lips seemingly soft and red. He can't help but wonder what would it felt like if he presses his lips into his.

He must have stared too long that the person waved his hand in front of his face. Seokmin snaps out of his daze when he hears someone snicker behind him. Cheeks turning red because of shame, he bows lower than intended and stutters his reply.
"I'm fine. Thank you for asking."

Seokmin stands up straight and meets eye to eye with the person. "I am Prince Seokmin Lee of the Amber Kingdom. Its a pleasure meeting you, your Highness."

The person looks at him, intrigued before showcasing a pretty smile. "I'm Prince Jisoo, second eldest. Its also a pleasure meeting you, Prince Seokmin."

•••