Chapter 10

Erina's POV

I wanted to follow Koutarou-san to Yuichi-san's room but Yuki-san told me not to. It might not be just a fever, she told me. I nodded but I felt really sad. I'm so sorry Yuichi-san I whispered to myself as I watched him get carried into his room. 

"Alright. Today was a tiring day but we found Erina so thats goo-" 

"What's good cap'n! Yuichi-san got sick because of me! You should have left me in the alleyway!" I yelled. 

"Now now Erina-" 

"No! I think that it would have been better if I didn't come here." I sobbed and ran to my room locking the door. 

"Erina please. It's not your fault." I heard from the other side of the door. I refused to answer as I quietly sobbed into my pillow. Then,

"Yuichi! Are you okay?!" I heard. I ran to the door but I decided not to open it. I listened carefully with my ear against the door. It was Yuichi-san. He was coughing a lot but it was Yuichi-san. I'm so relieved he was okay. But I didn't want him to see my face right now so I quietly walked back into bed and slept with my clothes still on. Thinking about Yuichi-san. What was this feeling? I know that Sis told me it before she was exterminated. What was it? 

Next Morning.

I woke up with tears. I didn't know why. I checked the mirror. Sure enough, my eyes were swollen. 

"Erina! Wake up! Breakfast is ready!" I heard Yuki-san. Looks like she stayed over. I sighed and walked towards the door, unlocked it and walked out. "G-good morning Yuki-san." I said. 

Good morni- Oh my cod! What happened to you?! Your eyes are so swollen!" Yuki-san exclaimed. That was a reaction I was expecting. 

"I-I... couldn't sleep last night. Yea that's all." I lied. Yuki-san stared at me suspiciously. "Alright right then. If you say so." She sighed. She served me scrambled eggs with bacon. I quietly ate with this four-legged pointy thing called a fork. Yuki-san sat in front of me with her share. 

"Are you sure you were just awake last night?" She asked me. I nodded but she didn't seem convinced. We continued to eat. I heard a door opening. It was Yuichi-san and Koutarou-san. 

"Yuichi! Koutarou!" Yuki-san exclaimed. She got up and ran towards them. "Are you okay?" 

"Sorry I worried you Yuki. But i'm fine now." Yuichi-san smiled. I've always liked Yuichi-san's smile. Because when he did, it always looked like that everything was going to be okay. I got up as well and hugged Yuichi-san. 

"E-Erina? W-what are yo-"

"I'm so sorry Yuichi-san!" I apologised.

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong. It was my fault for leaving you behind." Yuichi-san said. I shook my head. 

"It was my fault that I couldn't keep up. Now you got sick. So I'm sor-" 

"Its okay Erina. Really. I'm sorry too." He apologised and hugged me back. 

"Sooo, Are you two official?" Yuki-san smirked. "Yuki!" 

"I'm joking! Hahahaha." I looked at Yuichi-san in confusion. "What does she mean Yuichi-san?" 

"It's nothing don't worry! Let's have Breakfast together yea." He laughed nervously and sat down. I followed him still confused.