Chapter 18

Yuichi's POV

"So, What are your names?" Yuki asked. 

"I'm Mitsu. This is Kazuki. And you are?" The female inkling said. 

"I'm Yuki. This one is my Bf Koutarou, My kouhai Yuichi and his Gf Erina." Yuki said. 

"Cool! I thought you couldn't date octolings yet." Mitsu said. 

"Well, then we're honored as the first ones," I grumbled. I still didn't like them. 

"Don't be like that Yuichi," Yuki said. 

"Yea yea. Just don't get close to me or Erina." I said, scootching a bit closer to Erina. 

"Protective boyfriend much," Kazuki said. 

"I still don't trust you two," I said. 

"Reasonable," Mitsu said. 

"Now what do you want?" Yuki asked. 

"Can we ask some questions?" Mitsu asked. 

"About what," I said. 

"Why they came up here to the surface," Mitsu replied. As soon as she said that Erina grabbed my arm. 

"Hey what's wrong?" I whispered. She looked at me and shook her head. I understood. I looked at Yuki. She was having the same problem with Koutarou. I shook my head to her. She nodded back. 

"I'm sorry but I don't think they want to talk about it," Yuki said. 

"What! Why not!?" Mitsu exclaimed. 

"They just don't want to," I replied. She frowned. 

"Not even a little?" She asked Erina. She shook her head furiously. 

"Oh come on please~" Mitsu begged. 

"No! Now leave us alone!" I shout. Mitsu trembled. 

"F-fine. Wait until the boss hears about this." Mitsu exclaimed. She then left the diner with Kazuki. 

"Hmph. We still won't tell them anything." I grumbled. 

"They were an odd bunch. We should tell Captain about this." Yuki commented. 

"Agreed. Whos their boss?" I said. 

"Let's eat then go to Cap'n. We can tell him about it." Koutarou said. We all nodded in agreement and waited for our food,

***********

"An Odd bunch you say? Oh my oh my." Cap'n said when Yuki explained what happened. 

"Yes, Cap'n. They asked about Koutarou and Erina's background and why their here. We refused to answer though. Nor Erina or Koutarou wanted to say anything." Yuki said. 

"Is there a reason why you don't want to say anything about your background?" Cap'n asked the octolings. They both nodded. 

"Hmm. Interesting. Although I know why Erina wanted to come here. Koutarou just followed Yuki back from one of her missions so I don't know his. Do you want to tell us Koutarou?" Cap'n asked. Koutarou looked a bit surprised but he nodded. He trusted us and I felt proud of that. 

"I-I, Had a big family. 2 sisters, 2 brothers, and both parents. Both my brothers were exterminated for trying to escape. Same with my older sister. My younger sister is still alive I think. I was able to escape one night but I couldn't go back to get my parents or sister. I've regretted that since. I found Yuki and followed her here and she welcomed me into her house because she was the only agent then. Yuichi came in as Agent 4 a few months later." Koutarou said. He started to explain other things like being bullied for his family trying to escape.