Chapter 1

being away from felix was agony for changbin, the only thing on his mind as he sat in the waiting room at the police station was how much emotional pain his baby must be in, silent tears streamed from eyes as he heard felix's cries in his head.

"no no no dada!"

he sobbed into his hands until he heard someone call him, his legs felt like they would give out as he got up and walked towards the person about to interview him.

__

felix had been sobbing and shaking violently for the past hour, only saying 'dada' over and over, whenever someone tried to comfort him with physical contact he just screamed and sobbed harder.

"hyung, im scared." jeongin whined, burying his face in woojin's neck, his other boyfriend patting his leg.

"i know baby, but changbin will come back, they can't put him in prison, he hasn't done anything." woojin soothed, trying to keep his own voice calm.

he felt jeongin start to cry, not liking his friend to be hurt, he nuzzled woojin's neck, crying quietly.

"don't cry little fox, he's going to be okay." chan said softly, rubbing his leg.

"babe can you take him a second."

woojin passed jeongin to chan who held him in his lap as woojin stood up, he left the room, exhaling slowly, he remembered changbin mentioning nurse kae, he went to the front desk, tears in his eyes.

"how can i help?" the woman asked sarcastically, looking at woojin with the same bitchy expression that she had shot at every one of his friends that walked in or out of felix's room.

woojin snapped.

"look, we are all here trying to comfort our friend who is suffering major ptsd, on top of making them wait four fucking hours, you pull this sarcastic face every time one of us leaves the room, i don't know if it is, but i sure as hell hope that it's not because we're gay, i am sick of being looked at like im something you would find on the bottom of your shoe every time i fucking breathe, report me to security, see if i care, but pull yourself together and make life easier for the suffering people in this place, because i can guarantee that what they're going through, especially my best friend, is worse than something petty which is the reason your face is stuck in that smug glare, get me nurse kae, please." he growled in a low tone, venting his pent up frustration on this bitchy receptionist.

she looked shocked and intimidated, immediately picking up the phone and dialing nurse kae.

"n-nurse, you've been requested for, room 14."

woojin turned and walked back into felix's room, sitting back down and pulling jeongin's legs to drape over his own.

after a short while, the door opened and nurse kae walked in, she was a short woman, in her late thirties, with shoulder length brown hair, slightly graying at the roots, she had a round face with a warm smile and rosy cheeks, and woojin hoped she could help comfort felix.

woojin stood up and bowed to her.

"nurse kae, changbin has been arrested, blamed for this,"

she looked a mix of shocked and disgusted.

"is that why he's crying like that?"

"yes, whenever one of us go near him, he screams."

"and you want me to try to comfort him?"

"if that's okay."

"what did he know changbin by?"

woojin stopped, he didn't want to risk judgement by telling her that changbin was felix's daddy, so he went simple, but something felix could understand.

"binnie."

the nurse nodded and approached the bed, watching felix tremble.

"felix?"

her voice was soft and smooth.

"this is nurse kae, remember me? i helped you take that nasty medicine," she picked up felix's bunny which had been thrown to the floor "i think i found one of your friends, he misses his owner."

felix looked up over his arm which was a surprise for everyone, he saw nurse kae's warm smile and his bunny and sniffed, trying to sit up, but his arms were shaking and he struggled to move.

"felix, im not going to hurt you, im just going to help you sit up, okay?"

felix flinched and whimpered, but let the nurse help him up, sitting him upright, be still sobbed but he tried to focus on nurse kae.

"see, now we can see your handsome face, look, why don't you hold your bunny whilst i move these wires, that way you can give your friend a hug, see, his worried about you." she said softly, pointing to jeongin who was crying into chan's neck.

felix made grabby hands for jeongin who got up to come over, they were both crying, but felix managed to hug him, still shaking, they stayed there for a little before jeongin returned to his boyfriends.

nurse kae took felix's hand.

"now listen to me, i know this is scary, i know how horrible it is that binnie isn't here, i know you're sad, and you have every right to be, but i can promise you that changbin loves you, i can tell, and he won't leave you, he had to leave then, but he will come back, i know that for a fact, if changbin really did nothing wrong, he will come back."

felix nodded, trying really hard to calm down, his body still physically ached for changbin but he tried to control his thoughts and tell himself that daddy won't go anywhere.

"ji." he mumbled, forcing himself to say his name.

jisung's head snapped up, smiling wider than he though possible.

"you said my name! good job lixie!" jisung smiled, getting up and carefully approaching felix.

felix put his arms out, wanting to cuddle with his daddy, but if he couldn't have him, he wanted his best friend.

"can you try to say anyone else's name?" jisung asked, sitting beside felix and wrapping his arms around the smaller boy.

felix shook his head, whining into jisung's shirt.

"d-dada."

"i know you want him lix, but do you think you can cuddle with me for a while? sungie was so worried about you."

felix whined again and nodded, nuzzling jisung's shirt, wanting his daddy so badly.

=====