Lamia [6]

After some time in the garden, the king suggested for them to walk around the palace. King Jungkook told Queen Lalisa facts about the castle and few things from the past.

They were now in the hall of all the past kings and queens portrait of the Sphinx. RM and Jimin showed the three Lamia this hall on their first day to the Sphnix.

Queen Lalisa remember a certain picture that capture her attention. It was an image of a queen standing next to a king, it was the same pose as the others. The women had beautiful pale skin and green eyes, her smile was wide and you can see one dimple. The king didn't smile, he stood there with a stern look in his al black and white tux.

It wasn't the people that caught her attention but the ring on the Queen's hand did. The ring was place right hand's ring finger. It was a gold ring with with orange sapphire in the middle, with six mini orange sapphire on the too curve and six mini blue sapphire on the bottom curve.

It was beautiful, yes but it was almost identical to her mother's ring. Her mother had a ring just like that,  just without the mini orange and blue sapphire around it.

The Queen was silent at she observe the ring, the king didn't understand what she was doing. Honestly the queen forgot the king was there.

"Queen Lalisa, are you okay?" The king's voice brought her back to reality.

Lisa slowly turn her head back to king. "Yes, I am sorry." She points to the lady, "Who is this exactly?"

The king raise a brow in confusion but answers her, "That's my grandmother." He tells her.

The Queen brows knitted together trying to figure something out but it was useless because she didn't know what the question was.

"The ring on her finger, is that a family ring?" She ask the king.

King Jungkook looks at the ring a little closer than back to the queen. There was hint of hesitation but he answers, "Yes, it is. My mother had it when she was alive . But my grandmother broke it and it's into pieces." He explains.

Queen Lalisa looks over to the next picture where she thought she would see the ring again but it wasn't there. Lisa was confuse but she pushes the confusion aside.

Maybe it's coincidence, she tells herself.

Queen Lalisa looks a the king after she convince herself that it's pure coincidence.

"Princess Jennie seems more excited for the ball than you." Queen Lalisa states out to change the subject.

King Jungkook lips went to a thin line, "Why would I be excited for a ball?"

"Because it is your birthday..." Queen said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah, but people who attend don't really act as if it a party. They treat it as another meeting, just bigger and fancier." King Jungkook's voice was lace with irritation.

Queen Lalisa understood, they had balls twice a year but it was considered a token appreciation of the people. The ball was selected random of her people, it wasn't just the rich who attended. Because of that, the people in there lower class, tend to up the people and it becomes more of stating who you are instead of a ball.

"Yeah, but the people enjoy these kind of things and we must do what we must do." Queen Lalisa said.

"Unfortunately that is true. I actually cancelled but it was reinstated." King Jungkook said as they start to walk again.

Queen Lalisa brow furrows, "What happen?" She ask as she follows.

There was a moment of silent from the king. He looks over at the Queen with hesitation, but back to look ahead. The way the king was acting made the queen curious.