Sphnix [15]

I had to split this into two parts. But I hope you enjoy it.

Tomorrow Queen Lalisa will be leaving the Sphnix side and back to Lamia. These two weeks, things has change. For the better? He still doesn't know yet. There still loose ends that make the king weary.

King Jungkook cancelled all his meeting to go a city where his father's good friend still lives. Nobody knew except BamBam and RM, which they went with him.

Jung Dong Hwan was a good friend of his fathers. He was a lot older than his dad, about twenty five years, to be exact. Mr. Jung was also good friend to his grandfather. His responsibility to the king's family was loyalty. That was it.

The man had enough land to considered rich but didn't have any background with territory, laws, regulation or that matter. But he was well known and respected by the city councilman, and if they need some convincing that if the royal family was good, Mr. Jung was there to convince them.

Loyalty.

King Jungkook never question about it. He just thought that it was some kind of contract. But he wanted to find out more.

It was pretty far from the palace, about an hour drive. When they finally arrive to his estate and the old man appear at his front door with a smile on his face. He was in his early seventies. He didn't look strong but he did his best, out of respect.

He had a guard and two nurses with him. When the three got out the car, they walk fast to door so that Mr. Jung can sit.

King Jungkook smiles and Mr. Jung bow his head.

"Please let's get inside so you can sit." King Jungkook tells him.

Mr. Jung nod his head and his nurses help him inside. They all sat in the living room and a maid brought water to the king , his guard and RM.

Mr. Jung eyes stayed glue to the king. He didn't seem suspicious of the surprise visit.

"So tell me why the sudden visit?" Me. Jung's voice was deep.

"You been loyal to my family since my grandfather, isn't that correct?"

Mr. Jung nods head with a his smile. "Your family has been good to me. They did a huge favor for me, for that I owe your family a huge debt." Mr. Jung tilts his head, "Why do you ask? Do you need a favor from me? I'm old, I don't know how much power I have but I can try."

Jungkook didn't say anything. He didn't know the man and he is trying to see if he is still loyal to the family. Jungkook sign out.

"Can I ask you a question? But this question must remain between us?"

Mr. Jungkook arch a brow. He hung his head low and looking at the king above his glasses. Mr. Jung lifts his head, and nod his head. "I owe your grandfather a debt and I will do anything the bloodline ask till my last breath. Every secret you will go with me to the grave."

Jungkook nods his head. "What is the favor that my grandfather did for you?"

He didn't hesitate to ask. He wanted to know how this ordinary man that was wealthy but not part of the law nor work for the royal family, how was he tied in to their world.

Mr. Jung looks around and watches the nurse and his guard walk out of the room. BamBam stood up in alert.
Mr. Jung looks above his chimney, where a picture was hung.

The picture was his young self with a beautiful lady. The two stood next to each other in old clothing with a smile.

"RM, is it?" Mr. Jung ask the king's advisor. RM nods his head. "Can you hand me that picture?"