Prologue

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Two boys were playing outside, one flying around happily as the other tried to sore off into the sky. Their mother was watching from inside, doing dishes.

One of the boys had royal red wings, them being small for how young he is. He had tan-ish skin with brown hair, and had caramel brown eyes. He wore a white t-shirt that says "PRINCE" in red on the front with black shorts. His name was Roman.

The other was his twin brother, who had light green wings. He had pale like skin, and caramel brown eyes as well. He had a black t-shirt that says "DUKE" in green on the back, along with black shorts as well. His name was Remus.

Roman was trying to fly up to his brother who was only a few inches above, "Come on! Just start flapping those wings!" Remus cheered. Roman tried to flap them, but one wing went before the other, causing him to fall back down.

Roman felt his eyes tear up. Remus saw him about to cry, and flew down to make him feel better, "Hey! Don't cry, flying is hard! No one gets it at first!" Remus wrapped his little wings around Roman. Roman felt better in his brother's embrace.

Suddenly, it started to rain. At first it was just going down slowly, but then it started to pour down. Roman and Remus jumped, "We have to go in!" Remus cried over all the thunder and rain. Roman nodded, just behind his brother as they head back to the house.

The wind was getting stronger, and it was difficult for the small boys to keep going. Remus made it to the door looking back to grab his brother, only to see a giant gush of wind was carrying him away. "Roman!" Remus was about to fly after him, when the door suddenly opened and the mother pulled him inside, "It's a tornado, we have to get somewhere safe!" Remus screamed at his mother that Roman was still out there.
.
.
.
.
Roman couldn't breathe. It felt like the air was being knocked out of him. He felt himself twist and turn and he felt as if his body would rip in half. He barely opened his eyes to see himself above the ground. Roman panicked and tried to flap his wings, but it was uneven.

Roman felt like his left wing was being torn off. And it was. Roman cried out, feeling his shirt soak with blood. He screamed loudy as the wing finally tore off. Roman's vision was getting darker, until...
.
.
.
.
Roman blinked open his eye. The ceiling wasn't the normal brown like it was in his room, it was white. He looked to his right to see his wing tucked in behind him. He turned to the left, expecting to see the same thing. But it wasn't there. Roman blinked a few times, thinking his eyes were playing tricks.

But no. He had no left wing. Roman's breath quickened. How will he ever feel the enjoyment of flying now?! Everyone will make fun of him! Remus would-

Remus. Roman wondered how his brother would take it. Would he hate him? Would he make fun of him? Roman couldn't help but cry. He wasn't able to fly before, and now he'll never be able to.

Roman heard the door bust open. He jumped, causing pain to go through him. He looked to see who was at the door, and saw his brother. Remus looked like he ran a marathon. Roman heard yelling in the back.

Remus shut the door and locked it, preventing them to come in. He sighed, and turned back to Roman, "They didn't want me to bother you." He explained walking to him. Roman panicked, thinking Remus would make fun as to the fact he has one wing now.

Remus didn't even look at where his wings would be, he simply hugged his brother and sobbed, "I'm so sorry.. I tried to go after you, but mother didn't let me.. and now you can't fly ever.." Remus only kept crying and saying "sorry" until the door unlocked.

Roman held onto his brother, feeling happy Remus doesn't hate him, but terribly upset his brother found it as his fault.  Roman and Remus held onto one another while the doctor explained things the two boys didn't understand to their mother.

Roman knew his life would be difficult now, but he can only focus on making it better.