Chapter 9 - The Graduation Day

ZAC POV

We are now on the parking grounds of the University and my mind is filled with worries. First, if Sherry will make it on time and second about my proposal for tonight. I hope mom already talked to dad about my plans.

"Anyway Jorge texted me they are on the way here." I turned the car engine off.

"Great!" She exclaimed.

"What are you searching for babe?" I watched her rummaging her purse.

"Zac!! Oh God!! My speech I for---" She babbled.

"I got it babe relax." I placed my hand on her lips.

"You're the best boyfriend in the whole wide world! What would I do without you? Thank you so much babe." She suddenly relaxed

"You're the smartest woman I know so don't get stress." I pecked her lips.

Soon we saw my mom parked her car alone. I was disappointed not to see dad. He really showed his dislikes to Shannen and preferred this Lizzie girl. She is the daughter of his partner in our Company. Shannen saw my reaction and I know she understands my feelings clearly.

"Mom, thanks for coming." I greeted mom.

"Of course it's Shannen's special day. Congratulations sweetie." Mom kissed our cheeks. 

"Thank you." Shannen hugged her.

"Attention all graduates! Please proceed to the auditorium now the program will start in 15 minutes." The University radio announced.

Just in time her parents came in view I just hope Sherry made it to the restaurant. Her flight was delayed so she will just wait at the restaurant.

"Oh your parents are here babe." She turned around and walked to her parents.

"Mom, Dad finally you're here!" She exclaimed hugging them.

"Of course we wouldn't miss it for the world." Her Mom says having teary eyed.

"Zac, how are you son?" Jorge patted my shoulder.

Oh yeah if my father dislike Shannen it's the other way around with me. Since we move in her father and I are close but Shannen's mother is a bit off to me. She still sees me doesn't like me. She thought I'll leave her daughter when I get what I wanted. But tonight I will change it and will prove her wrong.

"We should head inside." Her mom gave me a small smile.

"Shall we go my boyfriend?" Shannen approached me.

"Sure my girlfriend." I held her hand and it made me feel better always.

"I'm sorry for my Mom. Please forgive her for me?" She spoke softly.

"You didn't have to. I respect her and I promise you tonight she will accept me without hesitation. Now shall we go my lovely girlfriend?" I kissed her hand and placed my hand on her back to guide her inside.

The ceremony soon starts and I'm getting bored on my seat. Since Shannen is the Valedictorian she needs to be on stage for her speech. I know she's nervous because she keeps on biting her lip.

*** Text message ***

Me:         Relax babe and stop biting those sexy lips you are tempting    me. ;)

*** End of Text message ***

From a distance I know she blushed and she went to find me with her eyes. I winked at her and mouthed I love you. Soon the student's names were called one by one until I heard my girlfriend's name.

"Shannen Cassandra Johnson." The Principal gestured her to come forward.

She stood on her chair and accepts her certificate. She went to the platform and began her speech.

"Congratulations batch 2013!" She threw her cap in the air and everyone follows.

Soon the program ended and I went to find her. She was talking to her friends when I came after she bid them goodbye I grabbed her by waist

"I'm so proud of you babe!" I pecked her lips.

"Thanks babe." She smiled.

"Come on they are waiting at the parking grounds." I linked her hand to mine.

We meet our parents on the waiting area and soon the car park. While Shannen is busy fixing her things Sherry texted me she's already at the venue waiting for us. I made sure my girlfriend won't make any suspicions about my surprise for her. Now I only have one more thing to think of and that is my proposal for tonight.

All of us head to Italian restaurant where we decided to set the reservation. It's both me and Shannen's favourite cuisine and the first place we dine as a couple.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine