Chapter 42 - The Shattered Heart

SHANNEN POV

The drive to Collins residence only takes twenty minutes from hospital.

"What is Mom's car doing here?" I recognized the vehicle.

"I let her borrowed mine since she's been here for a while." Mom informed me.

"You and Sher are in talking terms now?" I did a second look at my Mom.

I'm wondering when did it happen but I dropped it off since I came here to know about Zac. Every single step I take made me worry and prayed that everything is alright. The last time I felt uneasy was the day of the accident. I inhaled deeply and head inside the house and Sherry opened the door and Marie followed. I saw her face turned crimson red when Martin smiled at her.

"Mom, it's good to see you too!" I greeted my mother-in-law.

"It's nice to see you again dear." She kissed my cheek.

"Sher! I missed you!" I hugged her tight.

"Missed you too sis!" Her hugs is same intense as mine.

"You didn't even visit me at the hospital and why are you staying here? Aren't you supposed to be in Italy?" I pulled away from our embrace.

"Why don't you sit down for a minute? I will answer your questions one by one." She gestured the couch.

"So where is Zac and dad Cris?" I curiously stare at them.

"Shannen dear whatever happens we love you and we will always be here for you." Marie grabbed my hand.  

I noticed the atmosphere is too silent and it gives me a sickening feeling that I can't pinpoint why.  This is very much unlikely for us and my patience is wearing out.

"Enough with this maze just tell me what is going on? I'm sick and tired of thinking so please tell me before I lose my mind here." I demanded.

"Do you still the call you got about the accident?" Dad went beside me.

"Yeah and they said my husband is in it." I stated the fact.

"The accident also involves Cris." Marie explained carefully with teary eyes.

"What hospital Zac and Cris are now so I can go there? Oh God! Zac needs me now please tell me where is my husband Mom?" I tried not to think the worse scenario.

They have this reaction like they know something I don't.

"Shannen, my husband Cris is... dead and Zac...." Marie started crying and Martin rushed to her side.

I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. I only want to think Zac is somehow getting a treatment or just doing his recovery.

"No... no... no... Zac is alive. You are just playing tricks on me. Come on this is not a JOKE! Zac is fine and he is just at the hospital recovering. Tell me this is just a lie. He can't die. He promised me. I need him. We need him. The kids needs need their father. He needs to help me raise the kids, change diapers at night.... He needs to be here... ALIVE." My eyes are filled with tears.

"Sweetheart calm down it's not good for you." Dad tried to calm me.

I'm in no way to calm down because right now screaming and crying are all I can do. Tears are rolling down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"I REFUSE to believe it not until I see him in flesh I WON'T ACCEPT it. I can't... I just CAN'T!! He will not leave me like that... He---" I couldn't even finish my sentence.

Everything around me is spinning and that's the last thing I remember before I passed out again.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine