Chapter 18 - The Odd Cravings

ZAC POV

It was around 1300 when we reached home. Shannen went to sit on the couch while I closed the door.

"You want anything babe?" I removed her shoes.

"Strawberry and pb please." She replied with the puppy face.

"Again? Babe you just had it this morning and also last night. Remember Martin instructions are healthy foods." I massaged her feet.

"But you asked and that's what I want to eat then you're saying I can't have it." Now she was in tears. Oh man what have I done?

"Shhh babe I'll give you strawberry and pb just don't cry please it's not good." I wiped her tears.

"Really!!" Her eyes beam in happiness.

"But--- promised me you'll eat a lot later for dinner. I'll cook and make your favourites deal?" I haggled with her.

"YES!" She nodded but rushed to the kitchen to eat what she craves for.

I just followed her with my eyes and smiled to myself. She went back on the couch holding the strawberries and pb while I just watched her enjoying it. I know the food is really weird but if that makes her and our kids happy then so be it.

"I love you babe and our kids too." I held her bump.

"Me too." She is too engrossed with her food.

"I will be at the library when you need me babe. I have to make some phone calls then we can start searching for names." I began to stand up.

"Okay." Her short response too busy to talk

I let her enjoy her cravings and left. My first plan is to call my mom and tell her the wonderful news.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Hi mom! (I greeted excitedly)

Mom:     She said yes isn't she? (Mom guessed correctly)

Me:         Yup! I'm so happy and also we are going to have a baby Mom! (I can't take the smile off my face)

Mom:     At last she told you! Congratulations again son! (Her high       pitched tone)

Me:        Wait! How did you know she's pregnant? (I was puzzled)

Mom:     I just figured it out myself when you spilled the information     but I didn't say anything since it's not my place. (Mom rationalized)

Me:         Now I understand why you've been acting weird that day and                 never stop talking about kids. Anyway just please tell the news to dad and regards me to him. (I finally conclude her reaction)

Mom:     So did you think of the baby name already? When are you going to shop for clothes? When is the wedding? Where is the honeymoon? (She started ranting)

Me:         Relax mom before you have a heart attack. We haven't talk about the wedding yet maybe we will announce it at the engagement party. I'll call to update you when we have decided the date. (I promised her)

Mom:     You better be and send my regards to Shannen. (She sounds    very excited)

Me:         Thanks Mom. Love you! Good day. (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

Second on my list is my secretary to give her few instructions. As the Finance Director of our company I am in responsible and have overall control in all financial aspects.  I am also expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings with the most profitable outcome.

It was my decision to start on that position and I was able to convince Dad. Soon I will be the CEO so it will only be a great help if I know how our Company runs by starting on our financial status.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine