EPILOGUE(The New Beginning)

Two months later...

SHANNEN POV

It's exactly two months since the confrontation about Zac's death and the day I breakdown. I've been sent back to the hospital and still recovering when they did the memorial service. I didn't have the chance to even go t because the doctors won't allow me. At the end they were buried without me taking a part even if I can go I can't do it.

For the first month since the accident I went to psychological and emotional stress. I undergo therapy sessions so I can cope up with the lost, grief and anger. When Zac died I felt so lost like a part of me died with him.

I was so angry to God and I questioned over and over why he did it to me... to us. I blamed the doctors, the nurses and paramedics who didn't do their best to save him and Cris. I'm angry to myself for not being there with him until he loose his breath.

It was only a month and a half when I realized there is still reason for me to go on with my. I can't blame everyone specially God or the people around me things happened for a reason. I put myself together with the help from my family including Marie and Martin but the greatest motivation made me better are my kids.

If there's one thing that keeps me going now it's my children. They give me strength to fight for their lives and move on. They give me a better outlook in life so I vowed to devote all my time, love and attention to them. If only Zac would be here he will do the same.

I was still on my own thoughts when my sister tapped my shoulder.

"Ready to go sis?" She checked me if I'm okay or not.

"Yeah I'm ready." I nodded a bit startled.

"What were you thinking so deep?" Sherry opened the car door.

"I'm just glad finally my children will be release from the hospital. If only Zac is here it would be more meaningful." I started to cry again.

"If Zac is here he would prefer seeing you smiling than crying plus you have reasons to be happy you will finally hold them in your arms." She cheered me up.

"You're right I was getting tired of going back and forth to the hospital.  ." I wiped my tears.

"That's the spirit let's go pick up the sweetpeas! I don't want my handsome nephew gets eye rape by the nurses anymore or my gorgeous niece to smell like hospital antiseptic. They both deserve a nice comfy bed and a heavenly scent nursery." She wrinkled her nose.

I can't help but smile with her crazy ideas. Soon we reached the hospital Martin is already waiting at the releasing area. I signed papers and ready to take my babies home. I stood up and immediately after the nurse called their last name.

I carried my baby girl named Stephanie Elena while Sherry has my baby boy Zander Cristoff. Marie was very happy when I used her husband's name. It's my decision because I want to honour my father-in-law.

Soon as we are home I placed them in each of their cots. While I was pregnant I used to tell Zac that I want the nursery to be meaningful and it turns out it is.  Everything in here is a full of memories with Zac from the walls up to the last piece of clothes. In my heart and mind Zac is still alive. Every corner of our house reminds me of him and our life together. I will love him for always and it will never change.

For now I need to have a new life, a new beginning with my kids. I will protect, love, and take care our children. I will fulfil the duties of both parents and that will be my unforgotten vows.

================================================

••••••••TO BE CONTINUED••••••••

================================================

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine