Chapter 10 - The Surprise Visit

SHANNEN POV

Our parents were ahead of us so they are just waiting for us by the entrance. I'm so focused on my tummy being hungry so I didn't notice the girl standing on my parent's side.

"At last the lovebirds are here! I was thinking of going back to Italy. I've been catching up with Dad till you get here." That certain voice is my one and only elder sister.

"Sher!! I missed you!! Oh my god when did you arrived? How did you get here---" I was cut off.

"I missed you very much too.  I just got here ten minutes ago using airplane and cab." Sherry comment sarcastically.

"Sarcasm will not get you anywhere Sher. I'm so glad you're here! But why didn't you tell me you're coming?" I'm still puzzled.

"There's a certain guy who paid for my ticket and grabbed it besides I can't miss this special day right Zac?" She questioned him and smiled.

I think it's a bit weird but I shrugged it off.

"Of course it is! It's for my special girl and she deserves the best. How's your flight Sherry? Did you get some rest in the plane?" Zac kissed my temple.

"Yeah. Thanks for the ticket." She winked at Zac.

"What does she mean Zac? I thought we don't keep secrets with each other?" I folded my hands on my chest.

"I planned it and called her last week. I know I shouldn't keep it from you I'm sorry. I just want to surprise you babe." Zac held my hand.

"I can't thank you enough for this Zac. I can't imagine how you did all of it. I love you so much." I hugged him.

From that moment I smiled and forgot about my small tantrums. I don't care if we cause a scene. I reached for his lips and kissed him again until someone's clears a throat.

"Why don't we get inside? I'm sure everyone is hungry." Mom butted in.

As you noticed she didn't greet mom basically because they are avoiding each other. Mom is against Sherry being a painter and wants her to be a fashion model while Dad and I supported her ambition. As for me I just finished my degree in Advertising and will be working soon.

Zac and I was classmate in Economics so that's when our relationship started. Since he was ahead of me for one semester he graduated first and started working on thier Company in finance department. His parents supports him all the way it's just his Dad dislikes me. I also knew he was arranging his son to his business partner's daughter to marry but Zac declined. Our relationship has been rough during the first three months because of our parents' disagreement but I know in time they will warm up.

Anyways my Dad works as CEO in our own Advertising Company. We have twenty branches now and soon I'll start working with him. As for Mom she's in-charge of charity events, funds hospitals using our company's money.

As for Zac's family, his Dad owns a leading Construction Company while his mom owns clothing line with 30 branches all over New York. Both our families are well off but we never talk about how much wealth we have or our social status. Money is never an issue in our arguments and don't let it get in our way. When we have misunderstandings we talk about it and don't go to bed with grudge. We make it a point to be honest with each other and never keep a secret. I am thankful we are still going strong for two years now.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine