Chapter 32 - The Reception Toast

ZAC POV

Thirty minutes passed and everyone proceeds to the reception hall. Since it's by the beach we wanted to put a big tent to cover us in case the weather change. The decoration was perfect! We were both speechless how it was made. It totally turns out the way we want it to be.

"Please let's give Mr. & Mrs. Collins a round of applause." Martin introduced us.

Soon as we are seated dinner is served and Martin stood up and introduced himself.

"Hi everyone! I'm the cousin of the groom and as his Best Man I would like to share a little story about this lovely couple here. A lot of you didn't know that I was the first one who knew about their relationship on our side.  I've seen how their love grows eversince Zac introduced Shannen to me. I was also the first person to confirm Shannen's pregnancy because I'm her doctor. Shannen and I kept it as secret to Zac until her graduation but without her knowing Zac also made a plan for her to propose the same day.  At the end of the day they ended up surprised with their little secrets so I would like to make a toast for you guys. I wish you all the best and good health for you Shannen especially the twins. Congratulations again! Cheers!" Martin lifted his glass and everyone joined.

"Hello and good evening! As a sister and Maid of Honour I would also like to share you some trivia about our newly couple. They started dating two years ago when they are both in College. Zac got the image as a playboy type while Shannen was in the Deans Lister back then. Anyway after getting to know Zac I realized he changed and I might say Zac you're so whipped brother-in-law! I've seen the way they looked at each other with full of love and trust. For that alone I know they will pass all their trials. I wish you a happy married life and more kids that I can spoil with. I love you both and congratulations!" Sherry ended her speech with teary eyes.

After their toasts we did our first dance as a couple. Jorge came to do a father-daughter dance and my Dad of course including Martin. I danced with my Mom, Elena and my dear sister-in-law too.

Next was freeing the doves, the cake cutting and opening of the few gifts. The waiters just finished serving the dessert so I stood up and cleared my throat.

"Good evening everyone! In behalf of my beautiful wife beside me we would like to thank you all for coming. We also would like to take this opportunity to thank some of the important people who made this wedding possible. First, to our parents that supported us from the engagement until this day especially to my Dad and Mom Elena. We never imagined the day we will get your blessings but we did. To my cousin and Best Man Martin thanks for supporting me all the way especially with Shannen's pregnancy until today for putting my nerves at check. To my sister-in-law, our Maid of Honour Sherry thanks for supporting us always. Since the day my wife introduced you to me you've treated me as your brother. To Rick, Fred, Rhianne and Lhianne, thanks for being part of the wedding. For doing the planning in our last single night as you called it. We had a fun experience." I took my wife's hand.

"We also would like to thank Ms. Kelly Miles for helping us from the engagement day until this special day. This would not be possible without your wonderful ideas. To Chef Wagner and his staffs for catering our meals all of it was deliciously served. I enjoyed it very much especially the food tasting so thanks so much. To Ms. Simpson for altering my beautiful gown to my desire and the girls too. To all our dear families, friends and guests a thank you all so much for sharing this wonderful time with us." Shannen smiled at them.

The programs ended after our concluding speech. I can see Shannen is really worn out so we say goodbye and head to the suite. Since we have an early flight to catch in the morning we call it a night.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine