Chapter 23 - The Homemade Dinner

SHANNEN POV

After buying the ingredients I went to wet market to buy the fresh lobster since its Zac's favourite seafood. I also got rib eye, four large potatoes, asparagus and of course my fresh strawberries.

I started to preheat the griller and washed the meat. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, seasoning on both sides of the steak and drizzle with canola oil. I grilled it for about thirty seconds each side for medium rare since that's how Zac wants it.

Next, I set the oven to bake the lobster's tail for about 13-15 minutes. I preserve the juiciness by not over cooking it then serve with a pat of butter on top. Two dishes down!

Now for the mashed potatoes both I and Zac prefer the potatoes skin. I make sure I clean it well and sliced it to four equal pieces so it will be easy to cook while boiling into hot pot. When the potatoes are ready I drained the water and started mashing it. I melted half a stick of butter and pour in a splash of skim milk, salt and pepper to taste then mixed it with the mashed potatoes. Almost ready to serve!

With the veggies I break the woody base off the asparagus and discard it using a veggie peeler. I rinsed it well and placed on a baking sheet. Drizzle it with olive oil, salt, and pepper then baked it for 15-18 minutes. When the timer rings I finally put it on serving plate.

For the last part the dessert is easy to make. I just washed the strawberries and melted the chocolate chips on a bowl. I let it cool off while setting the table. When I checked the time I still have an hour to get ready before my man arrives.

I went to the shower and started my routines. Zac always love my vanilla scent so I start soaping my body thoroughly. I also used milk and salt scrub after the soap then some foot conditioner. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my towel on the rack. I just get off from the shower when Zac starts calling me.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Zac:       Hi babe! I called to tell you I'm on my way home. Have you      thought what you want for dinner? (He shouldn't know my surprise)

Me:         Hey babe! I don't know what I want yet can you just come home so we can decide together? I miss you. (I acted)

Zac:        Whatever you say babe. I missed you too very much. Oh! Dad sending his regards. (He informed me)

Me:         That's nice of him so what happen to the meeting? (I started    getting dress)

I just wear some comfortable lacy beige dress and tie my hair in messy bun. I decided to put a little lip gloss. Since Zac doesn't want any make-up on me he said I don't need those clowns stuff.

Zac:        We got the partnership and guess what?! Dad wants me to take over the company soon!! (He talked with pride)

Me:         Oh my... Congratulations babe! I'm so proud of you! (I cheerfully shouted)

Zac:        Thanks babe but I'll think about it first. Anyways I'm at the gate now I'll see you in a bit. (He ended the call)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I rushed down stairs and made a quick stop on the table. I was about to open the door but Zac beats me and carried me.

"I missed you babe." He pecked my lips.

"I missed you too." I hugged him then my tummy growls.

"I guess we need to order now." He put me down still smiling.

"Actually I kind of want to surprise you tonight babe. I made your favourite meal plus it's like a triple celebration, the deal and the position most importantly the scan." I played with the hem of my shirt.

"You're suppose---" He objects but I placed my finger on his lips.

"Don't worry I didn't over tired myself the kids are fine and I'm fine so stop with that guilt and let's eat. You don't want to starve us right?" I convinced him and all he did was sighed.

We walked to the dining area and eat happily. From time to time we do small talk about his upcoming workloads as CEO. He decided to take it after our wedding so we can focus on the preparation. We also discussed the new partnership they made and the person fits for his old position at Finance. I forgot to tell him earlier my plans to meet up with Sherry so I mentioned it. I'm glad he agreed without any conditions.

After dinner we head to bed since we are exhausted. Soon enough we hit the sack hugging each other.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine