Chapter 27 - The Double Announcement

ZAC POV

Today we are on the way to our engagement venue. It was organized by the event specialist and also our wedding planner we hired courtesy of my Mom's idea.

"Babe we're here!" I guided her inside the building.

"Babe can we go to the washroom for a while I will explode soon." She almost dragged me.

"Sure babe." I replied.

"Thanks." Shannen is holding my hand firmly.

"Is Sherry coming?" I matched her big steps.

"She confirmed she'll be here. How about Martin and his family will they attend?" She finally reached the restroom entrance.

"I haven't call him yet to confirm but I saw our parents car and some of our few friends same with the investors." I fill her in.

"Wait here babe." She quickly walked inside the cubicle.

"Sure." I dialled Martin's phone.

After Shannen did her business we proceed to our guests. The first people who approached us were the investors. I familiarized Shannen with their names and she easily catches up.

"At last we finally meet the woman that got Zac whipped. Thanks for inviting us on your event." They smiled.

"It's my pleasure to meet you gentlemen please do enjoy the night." Shannen extends her hand on them.

After our brief talk with them we move on to our parents who are busy chatting and laughing away.

"Dad thanks for coming and Mom thanks for helping Shannen with the wedding planner and arrangement." I hugged and kissed their cheeks.

"Oh it's nothing Shannen is my daughter-in-law and we had a great time during the preparation." Mom kissed Shannen's cheeks.

"Thanks Mom. You're the best Mother-in-law in the world!" Shannen complimented Mom.

"How about me Zac?" Elena came while Jorge tapped my shoulder.

"Elena I mean Mom of course you are! You helped us made this event possible. Thank you so much." I kissed her cheeks too.

"Perhaps we should head to the table so the dinner will be served." Dad butted in.

"But Sher and Martin are not yet here." Shannen with disappointed tone.

"Is she coming baby gal?" Jorge furrowed his brows.

"Yeah I called her and she confirmed it." Shannen nodded.

"Oh there she is!" I pointed at the door.

Sherry facial expression almost ready to kill someone I think. She and Shannen are alike when they are pissed.

"Finally you arrived! What took you so long? Wait! What's with the face?" Shannen noticed.

"Sorry I was late because of and an idiot man almost hit me on the road!" Sherry described the man.

In time Martin is marching toward us with unreadable look. By now I already knew who got Sherry fuming.

"Hey bro. Sorry I'm late because some crazy woman suddenly pops out of nowhere on the street." Martin greeted us.

"YOU AGAIN?! Are you not done pestering me?! Now you're ruining my sister's engagement!!" Sherry spat at Martin.

"I see you've met Shannen sister. Sherina, the Maid of Honour this is Martin my cousin the Best Man." I introduced them.