Chapter 11 - The Eventful Lunch

ZAC POV

We are inside waiting for the table to be ready when Shannen's Dad approached me.

"Hey son, how's the proposal going?" He eyed Shannen.

"Everything is ready for tonight Dad. I can't wait but at the same time I'm so nervous." I admitted.

"That's normal to feel that way but trust me son all of it will wash out as soon as she said yes. By the way I already talked to Elena she was glad to hear the news." He tapped my shoulder and soon Elena joined us.

"Hey Zac, do you have a minute?" Elena took me by surprised.

"Yah sure." I gave her my response.

I was so skeptical and I really don't know what to say so I let her do the talking first.

"Jorge talked to me about your plan on proposing to Shannen. I just want to say that I'm happy for you and for Shannen. He made me realized it and he is right. You're a good man and my daughter is lucky to have someone like you. I know I treated you so bad and I'm hoping you forget the past and let's start again. I'm so sorry for not seeing it before." After her explanations she hugged me.

"Elena, thank you so much for finally accepting me. I didn't expect this but you're right. Let's put the past behind us. Now I'm sure Shannen will be so happy about this." I hugged her back.

"Now everything is settled. We can finally go the table." Jorge kissed his wife's hand.

"Of course we should. Will you excuse me I need to get my fiancé from my Mom and Sherry." I left them.

I walked to my soon-to-be-wife's side and hugged her waist.

================================================

SHANNEN POV

As we reached to the table I noticed Zac is talking to Dad with my Mom in tow. I was on my way to approached them when Marie ambushed me with questions.

"Hey darling, how are you? How's my grandchild doing in there?" She was careful with her words.

"Hi mom! We are fine although the sickness still kicks in. Good thing Zac doesn't notice because he's been busy lately at the office." I talk as quietly as I could.

"Holy sh---" Sherry came and I cut her in.

"No swearing my dear sister not in front of my baby." I strained her.

"Fine. Anyways so it's true? You're hunch was right? How far along are you? We need to do baby dress shopping. Oh this is so much fun! I can't wait!" She was squealing like a teenager.

"Will you calm down Sher! Zac might hear it. Yes I'm now exactly two months pregnant and planning to tell him tonight. So you better keep your mouth shut until I spill the beans." I glared at her.

"I will as long as you promise we will go baby dress shopping." Sherry insisted.

"That's what I've been telling her when I found out but she refused." Marie joined forces with my sister.

"I promise will make the dress shopping soon. But now we need to stop talking about it since Zac is on his way here." I concede with no choice.

"Babe, let's go sit down on our table I'm sure everyone's hungry." Zac wrapped his arms around my waist.

Right on cue my tummy made its embarrassing sounds.

"Yeah we should." I pulled his hand on mine.

Zac lead me to the table and everyone followed. I can't get the scene off my mind about his conversation with mom. For now I need food for our growing baby.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine