Chapter 41 - The Unspoken Truth

SHANNEN POV

It's been three days since the accident and giving birth. I haven't seen my babies since I'm still recovering from my operation. I'm not allowed to leave my room according to Martin. However he advised me to get better as fast as I can so I will see my kids.

Today I will be released from the hospital and planned to see my kids first. My thought also goes to my husband since no one is telling me anything. Everytime I asked about Zac my parents got tense and I never saw Marie since the baby shower either.

I got to the nurse station they led me to the incubator and I started crying both from happiness and sadness. My children are wrapped up with yellow jumpsuits. I placed my hand inside the hole so I can touch their small hands.

From the right is my daughter Stephanie Elena whom I named her after my Mom. Since I was confined she is the one taking care of me. Anyways my daughter got Zac's eyes and she is his copycat. The only difference is her hair colour that she got from me.

I reached my son's hand named Zander like Zac wanted it to be. I'm leaving a blank space for his second name since I haven't got a hold of Zac yet. My son only got Zac's hair colour and the rest of his facial features is mine including his eyes. I'm disappointed that Zac isn't here to see them.

I'm still in my own bubble until Martin appeared beside me. I wish I could stay longer but for now the incubator is their safe heaven.

"Mommy is going home now but I'll be back tomorrow to visit you both. Mommy loves you and I know your Daddy loves you too." I uttered with tears running down my cheeks.

Martin was silent all the way back to my room. It's very odd and I can't shake the feeling something is wrong especially now that Zac is not around. I need to know what they are hiding from me and I can't wait and sit anymore.

"Martin where is Zac?" I began my interrogations.

"He...is... uhmm... okay." Martin stuttered. 

"Don't dare lie to me and avoid the question. Zac has gone missing same with Sherry and Marie, what the hell is going on?!" My tone surprised him.

"Shannen..." Martin responds nervously.

"What is going on baby girl? Why are you screaming?" Dad came in the room with Mom.

"Good thing you are here too so you can answer my question" I bitterly stated.

"Where is this attitude coming from Shannen?" Mom gave her demanding voice.

"I better get back to my post." Martin tried to avoid the issue.

Before he steps out of the room I stopped him too.

"All of you will stay here until one of you talk including you Martin! I don't care if we take ages in this room!! For fucking sake it's been three days!! Where the hell is Zac?? Tell me or I swear to God I will search every damn hospital around New York to find my husband!" I yelled with frustration.

"Shannen let's check you out and we will tell you as soon as we're home. This is not the right time and place to talk about this." Mom held my hand but I pulled away.

"When is the right time when I'm already ten feet off the ground?!" I yelled while shaking in anger.

"Shannen! Don't speak to your Mother that way! You are still our daughter and we didn't raise you to be rude!" Dad reprimands me.

Dad outburst made me stop while everyone is silent and giving weird glances. I am really mad and no one still dare to open their mouth.

"It's time for her to know the truth." Mom broke the tension.

"What do you mean truth?" I demanded in low voice.

"Martin I think you better come with us and take Shannen to Marie's house." Dad talks with straight face.

All I could do is follow them out of the hospital. Martin guided me to his car while my parent's car is in tow.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine