Chapter 6 - The Mom's Visit

ZAC POV

I went to the nearest florist and ordered her favourite flower. After paying it I immediately started my car.

"How is my gorgeous woman doing?" I gave the bouquet.

"Zac! What a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here? Where is Shannen?" She came forward and hugged me.

"Is it bad for me to visit my own mother? Shannen's not with me but I will pick her up later at University." I sat down on the couch.

"Oh I see. Then if she's not here there are two reasons why you're here. One you had a fight or two you need a huge favour." She eyed me suspiciously.

"Okay you got me there mom. Can you try to convince dad to at least attend on Shannen's graduation?" I touched the base of my neck.

"I will talk to him about it don't worry." Mom nodded.

"Thanks mom. Anyway I met up with Shannen's father earlier and requested permission for marriage." I break the news to her.

"Oh my little boy I can't believe you'll soon start your own family." He voice sounds dreaming while crying.

"Mom, I'm already 24 and you still call me your little boy." I pouted a little.

"Yes you're 24 and I will forget that I'm your mother and gave birth to you. Married or not you're still my little boy unless there will be little Zac or Shannen running around soon. Now tell me when do you plan to propose and did you have the ring already?" She raised an eyebrow.

"On her graduation day but will do it over dinner and I got the perfect ring. There's just one thing that bothers me I think both dad and Elena won't like the idea. It will make me and Shannen happy if we have their blessings as well." I didn't hide my anxiety.

"We know your dad is stubborn headed just like Elena. But I know they will both accept the idea if you give us grandchildren." She insisted the kids again.

"How will you know Mom? Dad is still caught up with the idea that I have to marry his business partner's daughter." I groaned.

"Your dad and Elena will give in soon believe me because they both have one thing in common love for their children." Mom gave me encouragement.

"I guess you're right Mom thanks. Anyways I'm going now I have to pick up some strawberries and peanut butter for Shannen." I kissed her temple again.

"Why do you need it so bad? Is she going to bake?" She curiously placed a hand on her chin.

"Nope she was having these weird cravings for some time. She was also having headache and throwing up lately so we went to the hospital where Martin is. He said it was nothing serious and gave her prescriptions." I bailed out.

"Don't worry about it too much son. I'm sure she is perfectly fine just buy her what she wants to eat to keep her healthy." Mom smiled widely.

"Does eating strawberry and peanut butter counts?" I pointed out.

"Stop asking just do it for the future heir." She smacked my head.

Great! Then she mumbles some words that I don't even quite catch.

"What's with the baby having to do with those foods? You're like Shannen sometimes." I eyed mom weirdly.

"You will know soon." She smiled wider.

"I can never understand women mind sometimes." I sighed and scratched my head.

"Anyways you better go and pick her up. Never get into her nerves especially now in her condition. Go before I kick you out myself and send my kisses to Shannen." She pulled my hand.

"Okay Mom I'll see you next week for the graduation." I kissed her temple once again.

"Yup! Love you my boy!" She pushed me to the door.

I started my car and went straight to supermarket to pick my girlfriend's craving. On the way to University I remember to call Shannen's sister.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Sherry:   Hey Zac! (She was panting)

Me:         Sherry! Did I interrupt something (I hope my timing is good)

Sherry: No you didn't. I was just running what's up? (She is still catching her breath)

Me:         I'm good and Shannen too. How's your exhibit going? (I heard               her sighed)

Sherry:   It's going to open next month so I'm on a roll. Anyway you       wouldn't call for that so spill the beans Zac. What is it? (I cleared my throat and begin)

Me:         I have a favour actually. Will you be able come on Shannen's graduation next week? I'll pay for your ticket. (I hope I can convinced her)

Sherry:   My art exhibit is a week before that so I guess I can make.        But I might change my mind if you don't tell me the whole plan. (She emphasized the words)

Me:         I want to surprise her and I need your help. I will propose to your sister. You have to promise to keep this between us. (I spilled to her)

Sherry:   You can count on me I can't wait to see her reaction when she                 sees me next week and the proposal. (She chirpy agreed)

Me:         I'll send over your flight details by tomorrow just check your  email. Thanks Sherry for doing this. (I put it to my reminder)

Sherry:   No Zac, thanks for always being there for my little sis. Thanks                 for loving her and taking care of her. You've been doing the  great job for very long time now. (She almost cried over the phone)

Me:         I will always love and cherish her. I'll do anything to make her happy. (My promising tone)

Sherry:   Yeah I know you do. Anyways I better hang up now and start   packing up my stuff. I'll see you next week. Bye! (She hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

Now everything is settled and I'm ready to pick up my beautiful fiancé. Of course I didn't forget her requested food.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine