Chapter 7 - The Expected Result

SHANNEN POV

I am now sitting outside the hallway waiting for Martin to make sure the baby's health is fine. After Martin confirmed I'm indeed pregnant I was over the moon. Good thing my seduction and a little excuse worked with Zac. I honestly thought he won't buy it buy I'm glad he did.

"Shannen come inside the clinic." Martin invited me in.

"So how far along am I?" I sat down on the chair.

"You're six weeks pregnant. Congratulations!" He hugged me happily.

"Thanks Martin." I hugged him back.

"I need to give you vitamins for the baby and do the scan." He went back to his seat.

"Nah Martin. I would like Zac to be here when we do the scan. I just need something to prevent the morning sickness and headache so Zac will not gain his suspicious." I declined excitedly.

"Just make sure to get back here for the scan. The morning sickness and cravings is normal but I'll give you something to help with it." He handed me the prescription.

"Thanks Martin for doing this. I hope Zac is happy when he hears the news himself." I reached for my bag.

"No don't mention it. As long as I'll be the Godfather of this little bean it will be fine." He grins.

"Of course!" I hugged him goodbye then head to Starbucks.

I ordered a slice of peanut butter cake and strawberry and cream frappe. I was sitting on my table enjoying my meal when my phone rings.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:        Hi Marie! How are you? (I wonder why she's calling)

Marie:   Hi Shannen! How are you sweetheart? Zac came by here and  told me you're at the hospital to meet Martin. Do you know how far along are you? (She keeps talking nonstop while I almost spill my drink)

Me:         Oh... I huh... Yes Marie I am exactly six weeks pregnant but if you don't mind how did you know? (I creased my eyebrows)

Marie:   Zac accidentally blabbering about your cravings. I have the   hunch and now you confirmed it. I'm so happy! (She  screeched)

Me:         Marie does Zac knows I'm pregnant? (I suddenly felt nervous)

Marie:   I didn't give him any idea besides it's your place to tell. (Her tone seems true)

Me:         Thank you Marie. I was actually thinking of telling him on my                graduation day. I hope I can hide my morning sickness from him until then (I sighed)

Marie:   The symptoms will subside after the first three months of your                 pregnancy but please be careful. With my son don't worry sweetheart he can be dense sometimes. (Her giggle was              contagious so I did too)

Me:         I will and thank you again for keeping it from him. (I speak after our laughter died down)

Marie:   Oh I need to go dress shopping now for my grandchild! (Marie exclaimed)

Me:         Marie, I think it's too soon for those I still have like 7½ months               to go plus we didn't know the gender yet. (I made my point)

Marie:   Nonsense! That's my grandchild we are talking about. That     kid is a Collin and she or he deserves the best treatment. I'm going to be the best grandmother she or he will have! (Her tone can never let you argue)

Me:         Thank you so much Marie it means a lot. I just hope Cris will like the news when he hears it too next week. (I can't help but be sad)           

Marie:    Hush sweetie. From now on stop worrying about my husband                 or your Mom it's not good for the baby. All I want for you to do is take care of my grandchild. Can you do that for me? (She sounds motherly)

Me:        I'll try to be healthier. (I promised)

Marie:   Great! One more thing from now on call me Mom. (She demands)

Me:         Okay Mar-- I meant Mom. (I smiled then soon our line ended)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

After I finished my snacks I head to University with a happy face. I got my clearance and Zac showed up.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine