Chapter 29 - The Dress Fittings

SHANNEN POV

It's been a week after meeting up with Chef Ryan. The invitations have been sent away and the cake turned out to be what we really expected. The venue is all set at Orchard Beach about an hour drive.

Today is the day for finding my dress. Zac was eager to come but both our Moms opposed saying he can't see the dress as part of tradition. So we settled in picking me up after they are done with their suits. Now I'm at the bridal shop with Mom and my sister.

"So this is your beautiful daughter-in-law." The couturier twirled me. "Yes isn't she lovely? Shannen, this is my very good friend Bethany Simpson." Marie introduced us.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Simpson." I smiled offering handshake.

"Same here please call me Beth." She took it willingly.  

After brief introductions the twins arrived. They were still in College so they came in a little late.

"Hi girls, finally you're here! Please find your dress including you Sher. It has to be black and off-white combination but preferably close to pearl." I instructed them.

"Got it." They answered all together.

"Shannen is there any type of dress you want?" She guides us to the chairs.

"I would like a do-strings at the back an off- white or pearl white dress with black accent on it. I want it to flow naturally a little loose on my stomach so my baby bumps are not noticeable." I indicate clearly.

"Why don't you try the gowns on that side? If you find something you like just go to the changing room. It's by the left corner behind the cashier." She pointed just between the mannequins.

I saw the pile of dresses lined up waiting for me to be fit. Here comes another exhausting day! I was getting frustrated because I can't find the one. I sat on the chair and give up since this is the third shop we visited.

"Shannen what do you think of this dress?" Rhianne waved the dress.

"I love that dress." I approved it.

For my bridesmaids it's a strapless with sweetheart neckline and black lace running from chest to hips. The twins will wear the same clothes and style but will get their own sizes. My sister's dress is also lovely it's a knee length one sided strap dress with black lace that matches the bridesmaids. The flower girls it was a simple white dress with ribbon on the waist and lace at the edge of the dress.

"Have you found your dress sweetheart?" Mom sat beside me.

"No I haven't found it yet I'm losing hope and spent three hours." I am in the verge of tears.

"Don't worry we still have time you will find it. Please don't cry you are making the babies stress." Mom comforts me.

"Sha, stop crying! Get your as---I meant butt here. Try this dress on Marie and I found it." Sherry showed the dress.

"I'm tired, hungry and that dress will not suit my huge stomach." I complained.

"Don't you dare whine at me young lady! I flew nine hours to get here without complains! Now try this or I'll swear to God I'll call Zac and tell him you want to cancel the wedding." She threatened me.

"What?! That's emotional blackmail! It's not fair don't even try!" I bolted from my seat.

"Fine be that way! Marie can you please dial Zac's number for me?" She shouted at Marie from the hallway.

"You win I'm trying this on but promise me you'll be nice to Martin deal?" I grabbed the dress.

"Fine as long as his not a pain in my.... head." Sherry rolled her eyes.

I went to try the dress and I swear I'm in tears again. The dress perfectly fit my curves especially on my stomach. It's like it was really meant and made for me. I have to thank Sher for it though for forcing me on it. I came out from the changing room and all of them gasped.

"I'm sure my son will not take his eyes off you." Marie complimented.

"You are beautiful sweetheart." Mom is smiling at me.

"Oh.My.God! Zac will have to watch his saliva to the ground. You'll make him drool all over your body." Sherry giggled and also the twins.

"Sherina is right my cousin will totally rip your dress when he sees that on you." Rhianne added.

"Yup! You're absolutely beautiful he will go crazy." Lhianne second in motioned.

Bethany measured my vital stats just in case there will be alternation that will happen. After I changed back on my dress my phone vibrated in my purse. It was Zac saying they are done so I excused myself and called him.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Hi babe! (I couldn't contain my excitement)

Zac:        Hi babe! Can I pick you up now? I miss you. (Zac sounded longing)

Me:         Yeah you can pick me up now. Everyone finds their dress          including mine. (I am thrilled what his reaction will be)

Zac:        That's great! Can you take a photo of it? (He sells out)

Me:         You can't see it I mean it Zac Jayden Collins. (I ordered placing hand on my waist)

Zac:        I just thought you changed your mind. Anyway I'll be there in                 fifteen minutes. Love you babe! (He excitedly said)

Me:         I'll see you soon. Love you too! (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I head back inside the shop and let everyone know I'm leaving. Mom and Marie will bring the dress to the little girls while Sherry and the twins decided to hang out. Zac arrived few minutes later and we said goodbye ahead of them. We need to visit the venue with Kelly and finalized the decorations.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine