Chapter 20 - The Office Issues

ZAC POV

After calling my secretary I was already planning the rest of my day with my family. I'm still floating in the air when my phone interrupted me.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:             Bianca what is it? (I prompted the question to my secretary                impatiently)

Bianca:     Sorry Zac. I know you directed me earlier in clearing your   schedule but I can't hold this important call. The investors are requesting your appearance before they finalize the  contract with your father. (Her voice sounded shaky)

She called me on the first name like everyone in my department. It will also not confuse the people or staff who they will acknowledge Mr. Collins since dad is still in the Company.

Me:             Did you tell them I'm not available for the rest of the today?                (I hold my head for possible headache)

Bianca:     Yes but they are very persistent and demanding you to show                up at the conference room in 1600. (Bianca explained)

Me:             I'll be there in about thirty minutes. Thanks! (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I was holding my head when another ring came in. This time it's Fred Anderson my Finance Manager and also a good friend of mine.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         What's wrong Fred? (I thought about the project)

Fred:      Zac, there's a problem with the Fairpoint Terraces project. The Architect did additional changes on the blueprint as per requested of the client. If we consider amending the design it  will affect the budget and the deadline. (He goes into details)

Me:         Send me the new designs thru fax and in my email now. We      already won the bidding on this project and we will not lose it. I'll call you once I'm done checking everything. Thanks Fred! (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

After I got the documents I started to type in a new memorandum. One more issue and I'll get crazy but luck wasn't on my side when my phone rings again. You've got to be fu*king kidding me! Now it's Engineer Rick Wyatt who he is in-charge at the construction site.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Rick. What's wrong? (I answered tiredly)

Rick:      Zac, I'm sorry for the disturbance. I called because the              materials for Fairpoint construction cannot be delivered due the Supplier concerns. The Manufacturers demands no delays since they have a two weeks notice with their client to finish it. They said if it can't be done they will pull out and ask other suppliers instead of. (He seems in panic)   

Me:         I will give the Manufacturers a call once I got a hold of the Suppliers. They don't have to worry about the delay since it will probably happen since the Architect made few changes with the design. Thanks for letting me know Rick. (I ended the      call)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I am now having a terrible headache after doing all the negotiations. Few moments later while I was reviewing the contract for the investors the sound of the fax machine started. I studied it and made new quotation for the budget then emailed it to Fred and Rick.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Rick, I already talked to the Suppliers and Manufacturers. The delay will still take place but they are fine with it after I explained the changes. By the way did you get the email I sent for the additional materials needed? (I immediately questioned him when he    picked up)

Rick:      Yes I just got them and I'm currently forwarding the mail to     them. (He efficiently confirmed)

Me:         Great! Also I want you to go the site and tell the workers about the changes and the delays but make sure they are still doing their job well.  (I ordered thoroughly)

Rick:      Copy Zac. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. (His voice is                 low)

Me:         It's fine after all without work we don't make a living. I'll see                                   if I can drop by at the site later today. (I assured him)

Rick:      Sure. Have a great day! Bye! (He hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

Now the problem is solved but my biggest concern is my lovely fiancé. I need to explain about my urgent calls and hoping she won't be mad. After gathering the files in my hand I went to find Shannen still on the couch talking to her sister. Damn! I love the effects of pregnancy on her she's really glowing. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine