Chapter 39 - The Bad News

JORGE POV (Shannen's Dad)

As soon as we heard Shannen's voice screaming we head outside the garage to see what's happening. She was on the phone talking to someone that makes her upset and shaky. We were standing, listening, and waiting for Shannen to end the call and tell us what's wrong.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Shannen:       What ambulance?! What happened to my husband?!         Where is he?! (Shannen yelled)

By now everyone was in panic including Marie and my wife. I saw Shannen about to pass out so I instantly scooped her before she hit the ground. I snatched the phone on the floor and ready to kill the caller.

Me:                 Who is this? If this is a prank call you better watched it!   (I spat angrily)

Other line:    We are the EMT. We are sorry to tell you that there had    been an accident that involved Mr. Collins. We are heading off now to St. Francis Hospital to take them for more medical attention. (The Medics informed me)

Me:                 Oh god! My daughter passed out from hearing the news. She is seven months pregnant so please send another ambulance here and make it fast! (I demanded)       

Other line:    Please remain calm and tell us the exact address. Our team is on its way for the meantime can you follow few steps to aid her.  (The EMT instructed me)

I checked the pulse both on her neck and wrist.  This would have been easier if Martin is here but he couldn't come because he is on Medical Conference. I stayed on the line until we heard the ambulance on the driveway.

Me:                 The ambulance is here. Thank you. (I cut the line)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

Shannen was placed in stretcher and taken to the van with me. My wife will drive with Marie while Sherry stays behind to attend the guests. I instructed her to call Martin as well since he is Shannen's doctor.

At the hospital we saw Martin rushing in to the emergency room where Shannen was. I proceeds to the nursing station and filled up form. Minutes later Marie and my wife came in same time the attending physician called our attention.

"Family of Collins?" The doctor called.

"I'm the wife and the other man is my son." Marie is in panic mode.

"Let's start with your son due to the heavy impact of from the post there's a certain part of his brain that has been damaged where memories are save. There's a possibility that he can have amnesia but we won't know it until he wakes up. His condition is still critical and we are still monitoring his vital signs." The doctor elaborates Zac's health condition.

"Is he in coma?" Marie analysed more.

"Yes he is. Let's hope and pray that your son wakes up soon." The doctor advised leaving everyone in silent.

"How about my husband?" Marie holds her breath.

I can see she is trying to hold herself and hoping for better outcome just like us.

"As for your husband there was a blood clot that we managed to take out. On the way here he was losing a lot of blood and had a faint heartbeat that caused his... death. I'm very sorry for your lost we did everything to save your husband." The doctor sympathized with her.

Marie finally breakdown and we felt helpless then Martin comes out as well hoping we have good news about Shannen.

"Jorge, can I talk to you regarding Shannen?" Martin eyed Marie for a moment.

"Sure." I walked a little farther from them.

"Jorge, we need to do caesarean operation. Her blood pressure is dropping and her amniotic sac breaks from too much stress. We need you to sign a waiver for us to do the procedure. This is the only way we can save the three of them." Martin went straight to the details.

"Please do everything to save my daughter and the babies. She won't be able to handle any more pressure given the fact about Zac's condition. Please Martin save them." I begged.

"I will do everything I can to save them and deliver the babies safely. In the meantime please take care of my Aunt I can't take another family member in ER." Martin takes a sight at Marie.

"I will." I signed the waiver.

"Aunty please stay strong I am here for you same with Shannen's family." Martin grabbed Marie's hand.

After Martin got the paper he immediately went to back to the emergency room and prepare the operation. Sherry soon came in and I told her everything.

For the first time all of us are silent and waiting for a miracle to happen. I prayed for Zac and Shannen to get better especially the twins also for Marie to make it through for his lost love.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine