Chapter 5 - The Dad's Blessing

ZAC POV

After our visit at the hospital I felt better because Shannen was checked. Last night before we sleep Martin called for the result and it's nothing serious. He said it was just stomach flu and Shannen need to go get another prescription to the hospital. Now I can finally relax knowing she's fine.

I still have some time before meeting Shannen's dad but I need a reason to go out. I checked our pantry and thought of going to the supermarket is the best alibi.

"Babe, I need to buy some food. Do you need anything at the supermarket?" I tried to act cool.

"Hmm yeah can you please buy me some strawberries and peanut butter?" I stared at her weirdly but shrugged my shoulder.

"Anything else my sweet little thing wants?" I sat beside her.

"Nothing more by the way I'm going at the hospital to get the prescription." She opened the telly.

"You want me to get the prescription for you instead of?" I offered.

"No, it's okay. It's out of your way plus I also need to get the clearance at the University. You can meet me up after you've done food shopping what do you think?" She placed her head on my shoulder.

"Is that the way to make me say yes my foxy lady?" I lifted her face.

"If you say yes then you'll get nice dessert tonight." She teased me running he fingers on my chest.

"What are we waiting for let's get ready so I can have it." I helped her get up.

She giggled and takes my hand. After we get dressed I dropped her off to hospital. Since the restaurant is the other way I will probably be late.

"Hi Jorge! Sorry to keep you waiting.  I had to drive Shannen at the hospital." I sat down.

"What hospital? You said she's fine." Jorge face became grim.

"Calm down Jorge she's perfectly fine she just caught some stomach flu. Yesterday we had her checked up and just need to go back for another prescription. No need to get worry her doctor is my cousin he is one of the best in St. Francis." I explained.

Now I'm not exactly sure this is a good idea but I'll take my chances. He was about to open his mouth when the waiter came and note our orders.

"I'll have mashed potatoes with white cream parsley sauce. And for my steak it's well done for me. For drinks, can we have a bottle of Chardonnay please? Thank you." I ordered.

"I'll take medium rare with mushroom sauce. We love the wine anyway so I guess that's it." Jorge closed the menu.

"We will be serving the wine soon." The waiter retrieved the menu and left.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Jorge creased eyebrows.

"Jorge, I know Elena might not like this idea but I'm willing to talk to her if she allows me too. I wanna have your daughter's hands in marriage." I held my breath for God knows how long.

Jorge was studying me while sipping his wine after a minute of silence he speaks up. I'm at the verge of anxiety waiting what he will say.

"Zac you never failed to surprise me. You and Shannen are both adults so you don't need my permission to get married but I admired your guts. That's one of the things I liked about you. I know my daughter deserved someone like you. You belong with each other. As for my wife Elena, I will talk to her about it. My wife can be stubborn sometimes but she will warm up to you in time. I know she does have a soft spot for you." He assured me.

"Thank you Jorge. It means a lot to me." I finally released a breath of relief.

"Welcome to the family, my son. Call me Dad from now on." He tapped my shoulder with a big smile on his face.

"Thank you so much Jorge I mean dad." I broke into smile.

"By the way when do you plan to propose?" His face showed seriousness.

"I'm planning on her graduation day. There's one more thing I need your help with." I paused.

"Is it about her the ring?" He inquired.

"I found the perfect one for her." I stated proudly.

"Then what is it you needed?" He placed his napkin down.

"I want Sherry to be there on her graduation day. Shannen haven't seen her for two years so I wanted to surprise her. I was thinking to call Sherry but I don't know if she would come considering her situation with Elena." I admit my doubts.

"Sherina will be pleased to hear it from you personally. Don't worry about them I'm sure they will set aside their issues for Shannen's sake." He supported my plan. 

We ate in comfortable silence and just talking randomly after that until it was time for me to go. 

"Anyways thanks for coming dad. I would like to talk some more but I need to do food shopping before I pick up Shannen at the University. She didn't know about our meeting." I confessed after paying the bill.

"Don't be guilty it's worth it I'll keep my lips sealed until then. You better head off now son and I'll see you next week on graduation." He tapped my shoulder and we left the restaurant.

Now there's one more stop I need to go before the supermarket.  I have to visit the other woman I love all my life.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine