Chapter 36 - The Twins Room

ZAC POV

The next three weeks, we got busy decorating the nursery room. It was Shannen's idea to hang paper picture frames. She wants it to be meaningful and I let her be.

We hired a few builders to paint the walls in neutral colour specifically beige. We asked them to make a built-in cabinet for the twins. Right after it's done, Shannen insisted to go furniture shopping. All of a sudden Shannen shouted by the hallway and I rushed to her side instantly.

"Babe, what happened? Are you okay?" I asked her with concerns.

"Zac! Give me your hand, NOW!" Then she placed it on her tummy and I felt something.

"What's that babe?" I asked wondering.

"The babies are moving, that's their first kick! Oh.My.God!" Shannen explained happily. My hand remains on her tummy.

"That's our little munchins there. Hey kids, it's me your dad! I know you don't understand me right now. But we want you to know daddy and mommy loves you so much. So be good for mommy for a while ok?" I said talking to our babies in my wife's stomach giving two kisses.

"Babe, I'm sure they do understand you. Look they stopped kicking when they heard your voice. So let's go now?" She stands up.

"Babe, are you sure you still wanna go out today? I don't want you to over tired yourself." I asked worriedly.

"Zac! For the fifth time! YES I'm fine! The twins just kicked not coming out yet! How many times do I have to tell you!!" Shannen snapped at me.

"I'm just worried; you've been stressing yourself lately. I don't want anything happen to you." I told her calmly.

I don't wanna argue with her because I know it's her hormones.

"I know I'm sorry for snapping at you. Will you forgive me and go shopping with me? I know you hate it. But I prefer doing it with you instead of Mom or Marie. Please babe?" Shannen said sweetly this time.

"Of course I would. Plus you know me, I'm fine spending this weekend with you." She smiled and pecked my lips.

"Ok let's get this shopping started. Where to first? Do you have the lists already?" I asked putting my shoes on.

"Hmm let's go to furniture, then to the diaper supplies and then lastly the clothes!" Shannen said excitedly.

"Off we go then!" I answered starting the car.

Soon we're at furniture stores to buy the essential needs that are designed for twins. We didn't expect there's a lot of things needed from crib, crib mattress, mattress pad/waterproof, changing table, rocking chair, baby monitor and smoke detector. So many colours to choose from but we decided to stick to off-white.

Next, the diaper supplies and looked for changing table we both like. We got confuse again because there's a lot of kinds and designs to choose! So we decided to ask our Moms and remind us to buy anti-diaper rash which comes with cream or gel.

"How about feeding bottles babe?" I asked her seeing it to the other aisle.

"Nah babe. I want to wait for a while since I'll do breastfeeding. So I think we don't need it for now."

"How about me babe? Are you gonna breastfeed me too?" I whispered to her.

She blushed crimson red but managed to elbow my stomach.

"Stop it Zac! We're out in the public and you're thinking about that. What worse is, we are in kids section! So hush or you won't really get any. I'm sure you hate that right?" Shannen threatened me playfully. So I just gulped and stayed silent.

"Now, off to we go to baby clothes shopping." She added and I followed like a lost puppy.

Shopping is my wife's forte, I just go with her. Honestly, this is the first time I enjoyed it and see some small clothes. We agreed that for our baby boy will be blue and pink for our baby girl.

"Look at this babe, it's so cute!" My wife showed me a jumpsuit like a panda.

"Yeah it really is. Let's buy this if you want and see if they have it in pink as well. I love you and our babies. I'll do anything to make you happy and the kids." I told her and she grinds.

"I love you too babe! Thanks for being such a great father to our kids." Shannen said and I kissed her temple.

We keep looking for more clothes and soon my hands are totally full from all the stuffs we bought. There's pyjama set, shorts with butt snap; some shirts with customize words on it like, Mom loves me, Dad loves me.

There's bibs for wiping drools or excess milk. Ten jumpsuits, nice beanies, mittens and booties too! It was a very tiring day but we enjoyed it very much. We went home around dinner and ordered Chinese food.

Thirty minutes passed, we hit the sack. This time we both fall sleep very fast and exhausted.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine