Chapter 40 - The Good News

Still JORGE POV

We all waited by the hallway for the last eighteen hours after few minutes Martin went out of the operating room.

"How are they?" I stood up quickly.

"The operation is successful Shannen is still sedated. She will be transfer to recovery room soon for now let's not give her any reasons to put her health at risk. The twins were delivered safely and out of danger but since they are premature they will be inside the incubator to observe them. I assured you that both kids are safe and sound. You can visit them at the nursery room if you wish to see them." Martin's news brings us hopes.

"Martin, how about Zac is he up for visiting too? I already lost your Uncle please don't make it anymore harder for me." Marie pleads.

"He is still in the ICU but I'll see what I can do." Martin understands Marie's sentiment.

"Thank you." Marie just nodded.

"I will go to nursery to see the twins. Anyone wants to come with me?" Sherry tried to enlighten the mood.

"I want to see my grandchildren while waiting for Martin to comeback. It will help me set my mind off even for a little time. I'll come with you if that's okay." Marie stood up.

"Of course." Sherry walked with her.

I feel so sorry for Marie she lost her husband then Zac is still on coma. "I have my deepest sympathy for Marie I could never imagine what she's been going through." I sat beside my wife.

"I feel the same but she will make it she is a strong woman. We will try our very best to help her after all we are family." My wife placed her hand on my shoulder.

"How about Shannen? What do we tell her?" I consulted my wife.

"I don't know either perhaps we just have to divert her attention. Especially now she just gave birth and as much as possible let's avoid her questions not until Zac is awake. We can't give her any information she is very fragile right now." Elena pointed out.

"We can't just tell her about Zac's condition yet. She needed enough time to recover and gain her energy back." I added.

I sighed as we entered Shannen's room. I sat down beside my wife while waiting for Shannen to wake up. Suddenly she opens her eyes and screamed so we rushed to our daughter's side.

"ZAC!! What am I doing here Dad? The accident---" She scanned the room.

"Sweetheart, calm down. You're in the hospital." I told her slowly.

"Why do I feel--- wait! What happened to my children?!! Tell me Dad, Mom!!" She went hysterical.

"You fainted so we rushed you here and you also gave birth with two lovely kids. Don't worry they are safe. For now go rest we have a lot of time to talk." Her Mom explains.

Immediately I pressed the button for the nurse station and in minutes Shannen was injected with tranquillizer to calm her.  Marie and Sherry came in and we relay what happened.

"How are the twins?" I stared at Shannen.

"They are beautiful! Our little miracles! We might have lost Cris but we definitely gained two bundles of joys." Marie has a lighter aura.

"At least for now Shannen knows her children are safe. As for Zac as long as we don't know what his condition is we need to keep avoiding Shannen's question. If it gets to worse we need to make up a lie." I suggested.

"I understand Jorge we can't risk any more danger." Marie gave her consent.

"But Dad you know Shannen will keep interrogating us about Zac until she knows the truth. We can't hide it for forever." Sherry opposed.

"I think Jorge is right we can't risk Shannen's health for now. There might be complications if she knew about Zac. Let's just pray he wakes up very soon and then we will know what to do." Martin gave his opinion.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine