Chapter 13 - The Heart Talks

SHANNEN POV

When the food arrived the smell of the grilled shrimp made my stomach flipped. I hurriedly excuse myself to the bathroom knowing how protective Zac is he followed. Maybe he thought I'm tense well partly I am considering his father and my mom came.

After doing my business I washed my hands and composed myself. I'm in front of the mirror examining my baby bump.

"Tonight I really need to tell him about me being pregnant." I talked to myself.

When Cris approached me Zac never left my side. Thank God because I don't know what to do. I honestly didn't expect and can't believe what I heard. It's Chris apologizing for his behaviour towards me and his stands towards me and Zac relationship.

After all the heart-warming talk with his Dad the tension was finally gone. My heart was pounding when Zac put his arm around my waist. I was getting paranoid thinking he noticed it growing but he didn't.

================================================

ZAC POV

When it is time to go I detected Shannen is getting tired. On the way home Shannen keeps fiddling her nails. I was about to start the conversation when she beats me on it.

"Zac, what did mom say to you?" She glanced at me.

"She apologized then welcomed me to your family." I took her hand in mine.

"Come to think of it babe everything is amazing. The lunch was finally peaceful I'm like on cloud nine until now." She giggled after saying that.

"Now we don't have to worry anymore." I kissed her hand.

I continued to drive in silence but I can see Shannen is in deep thought. Maybe the event earlier still not sinking to her so I let her be. Moments later she drifted off to sleep so I carried her in my arms after I parked the car. Her hand automatically went to my neck I guess she's really too tired

As I lay her on the bed I noticed she gained a little weight. I figured it's the medicine has a good effect on her. But what I still don't get is why she keeps throwing up. She stirred a little when I touched her face but didn't wake up. It's good she fell asleep now I have time to make final preparations. I just want everything to be perfect for her tonight.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Hi! I wanted to order a bouquet of white roses under Zac         Collins. (I started when the other line picked up)

Florist:  Can you tell us the exact address please? (The staff politely    asked)

Me:         Sure. (I dictate it and she repeated to double check)

Florist:  Do you want it to come with a small card? (She offered)

Me:         No thanks. Just please have the flowers delivered here around                1700. (I declined)

Florist:  We will deliver it as you expected. Thanks for choosing us.      Have a great day! (She cheerfully responds) 

Me:         Thank you. (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I dialled the last one on my list and everything will be in order. Since I already planned it last week I just need to finalize it now.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:         Hi! This is Mr. Collins. I'm calling to update regarding the      preparation. (I waited for the other line to clarify)

Staff:      Oh yes Mr. Collins! It will be ready according to the plan. The place will be reserve at the specific time. (The staff confirmed)

Me:         Great! I knew I can count on your service. (I complimented)

Staff:      Is there any additional changes you wish to add Mr. Collins?                 (He inquired)

Me:         Nothing more. I just want to make everything perfect for tonight. (I shook my head absentmindedly)

Staff:      Mr. Collins in behalf of the staff we congratulate you in advance. (He cheerfully wished)

Me:         Thank you so much. (I cut the line)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I walked back to our bedroom and undress leaving only my boxers on. I decided to change Shannen's clothes with my shirt so she will be comfortable. After changing I lay down beside her and drifted off to dreamland with a smile on my face.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine