Chapter 28 - The Wedding Details

SHANNEN POV

The days passed by in the blur and it's only two weeks to go before the wedding. I'm glad Zac came with me and made sure to clear his calendar today. Right now we are going to meet our wedding planner.

"Hi! We are here for the ten o'clock appointment with Ms. Miles under Mr. and Mrs. Collins." Zac informed the receptionist.

"Follow me Ms. Miles will be here shortly. In the meantime you are free to scoot around we have several designs for the wedding that will help you out. Please excuse me." She left and afterwards the wedding planner came in sight.

"Hey Shannen!  Oh my you're glowing! So this is the future husband? Please call me Kelly." She introduced herself to Zac.

"Hi! Just call me Zac. I heard so much about your work from my fiancé and my Mom and I might say it was great. You organized our engagement pretty well." Zac offered his hand.

"Glad to hear that. Please sit down and let's get started. Do you have any ideas about theme and motif so far?" She gestured the seats.

"Actually we decided to have a black and white for the motif. For the theme, it's a sunset beach wedding." I filled her question.

"Your ideas were great Shannen! Zac is lucky to have you." Kelly praises me.

"You are right Kelly I am very much lucky to have her." Zac kissed my hand.

"Oh love is in the air! Going back, here are some samples we can alter it if you find and think of something." She showed the portfolio.

After we agreed to the picture she pretended we told her the location and the reception of the venue. It will be at the beach resort where I proposed since it will save all of us the time from travelling.

"We need to call the Resort Manager and see if it's free for the day so we can reserve it. What date have you decided to be wed?" Her secretary came and gave us complimentary drinks.

"I will give you the Manager's personal number he personally knows me so it's easy. As for the date, it's September 28." Zac grabbed his wallet.

"How about the invitations do you prefer it by mails or personal invite?" She clipped the card on her notes.

"Its 100 persons including the entourage and since they are families and close friends it's best to just gave them the personal invites. It will be more reasonable and cheaper just sends the invitations to other guests." I told my preference.

"Do you have the list ready for other attendees?" She continued writing.

"I actually have their names and details." I hand over the folder.

"Wow! I'm really impressed. You know for the first time bride you're the only woman I know whose organized you make my job easier. Anyway we have different designs for the invitations and giveaways but if you have any ideas please do share it." Kelly added.

"We wanted a 2-in-1 thing. How about a bottle with shells and sands then the invitation paper will be in white and tied up with black ribbon. What do you think babe?" I thought of the possible outcome.

"Yeah I love that it will serve as a giveaway and invitation." Zac nodded.

"That's a unique idea actually. Nice job Shannen!" Kelly gave me two thumbs up.

"Thanks. Can it be done possibly in five days so we have time to distribute?" I sipped the red tea.

"The time frame for the invitations is fine so it will be ready by then." Kelly guaranteed to us.