Chapter 38 - The Fatal Accident

ZAC POV

Today is our baby shower and I'm still in the office doing last minute errands. I just hope Shannen will not throw a fit since I'm running late. I was about to lock up when Dad knocked.

"Son, are you done?" Dad peeped through the door.

"Yup Dad! I just want to check if I forgot something before heading out." I grabbed my coat.

"Let's go before your Mom had my head on the platter." He joked and I laughed on it.

"Tell me about it Shannen is the same her hormones are like hay wire. One minute she's happy next thing you know she's crying or ready to kill me if I did something wrong." I complained to him.

"Yeah I've been there done that you're lucky Shannen didn't let you sleep on the couch unlike your mom. She used to do that when I came late for dinner but it didn't bother me." Dad started walking ahead of me.

"Guess we have common problems when it comes to our wives Dad." I nodded.

"I'm really proud and happy that Shannen is your wife." He admitted.

"I know this issue is over but I wanna know why you preferred that Liza, Lina or whatever her name is to be my wife?" I stepped inside the lift.

"Lizzie, that's her name." He corrected me.

"Who was her father again?" I suddenly felt curious.

"Tony Benson my former business partner." He pressed the basement button.

"Why we're you so eager for me to marry his daughter?" I waited for him to speak.

"The time he offered a partnership our Company was having a crisis.  It was a big sum of money and he is willing to lend it as long as you marry his daughter." He confessed.

"When was this?" I couldn't help my curiosity.

"Three months ago before we got the partnership with the Novis." Dad notified me.

"Did he contact you again?" I stepped out of the elevator and he followed.

"He did after I got the proposal from Novis and then your Mom speaks about your proposal to Shannen. I realized I don't want you to hate me more so I declined Tony's arrangement and he threatened me." Dad balled his fist.

I was speechless after hearing Dad's confessions. Now I know the reason for insisting the marriage.

"Should we take the threat lightly?" I got worried for his sake.

"I don't think it's serious he won't risk his name to ruin me or his Company." Dad unlocked his car.

"Still we need to be careful Dad." I suggested.

"Don't worry about it son.  For now we have wives to worry about." Dad tapped my shoulder.

We used Dad's vehicle his since mine don't wanna start for some odd reasons. About half a mile from home a black car suddenly overtakes us. Dad tried to hit the break but it didn't work and we didn't see the post coming so we banged on it. I still managed to call 911 before I passed out. The last thing I saw was the ambulance coming and taking Dad's body. My visions start to blur and all I can think of is Shannen and our kids.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thanks so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine