22.

JOE P.O.V.: Phil pressed his lips together as I entered to his office and John, Nick and Kevin looked at me.

Joe: sorry, traffic (I said taking my sunglasses off and Phil nodded angrily)

Phil: you're late

Joe: 5 fucking minutes Phil, you can start if you want

Phil: we need to wait a little bit more

Joe: why?

Phil: not anymore (I turned my head to the door and released a chuckle)

Joe: the one missing (I whispered when Mike Bayer entered the office) go ahead then (I said and sat next to Nick in the sofa)

Phil: I would like you to explain to us why were you with Demi today

Joe: we're friends, friends hang out usually (I said and shrugged) maybe you don't get it but that's what friends do

Phil: I don't think you understand the big amount of trouble she's caused to the management team

Joe: oh, I do...but I simply don't care about it. I have nothing to do with the management team Phil, I'm just a client

Mike: Joe, she's manipulating you to be with her (I laughed and shook my head sighing)

Joe: you really are talking so much shit now, huh? Demi isn't manipulating me, she's never manipulated me, remember? When she was in that phase of manipulator, she manipulated you all not us (I said pointing to me and my brothers) cause she trusted us and we trusted her, and you never did

Mike: you see? These are the kind of things she'd tell you to say (I stood up)

Joe: I don't know if you don't get it or don't want to but I'm telling you she's not manipulating me, I'm 31 years old...I think I'm grown enough to make my own choices and have my own opinion

Phil: she's probably just using you to get to us and ruin us more (I glanced at Nick and Kevin in disbelief and Kevin looked down)

He was afraid of it, cause he has a family and he would never want anything bad to happen to them. But Nick looked at me and bit his lip sending me a "calm down" stare.

Joe: I can't believe how much you like to talk shit about someone just because you ruined her life and she's just being honest

John: Joe, calm down (he said quietly and I shrugged)

Joe: I'm just being honest, but they both hate when people get too honest to deal with it (Mike sighed and Phil brought his hand on his mouth)

Phil: she's an emotional abuser, she'll make you feel like trash and will use your vulnerability to ruin you, your brothers, your band and our team

Joe: oh sure? (I laughed angrily and shook my head) that's what you said to her and that messed her mind, you always fucking controlled her, she wasn't even living her own life...you (I pointed to Phil) never helped her get what she deserves, she worked really hard and you did no shit for her; you (I pointed to Mike) never helped her with her eating disorder, you just modified it and it was as bad as before...and finally, you both (I gasped and walked closer to them) you fucking left her alone when she asked for help, you turned your back at her when she considered you her family, you never trusted her and that almost killed her. Now, don't you think you're the emotional abusers and the ones that used her vulnerability to keep her in your team cause she was the only one gaining enough money to maintain you? (Phil walked to me with his finger pointing at me and I stared right into his eyes)

Phil: you-

Joe: what? Are you gonna kick me and my brothers out of this team? You'll become poor the minute you do it...you can't even survive without you and I will sue you if you kick us. What will you do?

Mike: you're as mean and selfish as Demi

Joe: oh lord, give me patience (I said and turned to look at Mike) I'm not mean and selfish for choosing my own happiness and wanting to make my own life decisions...she wasn't selfish when she couldn't even control herself

Phil: you'd be willing to risk your brothers' happiness and well being just to hang out a couple times with Demi? They're gonna hate you

Joe: nah, they won't ever hate me...we are brothers, before band mates and it will always be like that. They would support me before you, get used to it Phil. I'm gonna do whatever the fuck I want to with my life and if you don't like it, you can't leave but my brothers are gonna stay with me, and I don't think a materialist as you would like to stop gaining money, am I wrong? (Everyone stayed in silence and I nodded) that's what I thought...now don't get into my life again and we can continue working as usual. If we're done, I'm gonna leave. (I turned around and looked at my brothers who sent me slightly smirk and John, who nodded slowly) John, Nick, Kevin, I'll see you around. Don't let them go to your head, they are senseless (I glared at Mike and Phil and left the office quickly)