63.

DEMI P.O.V.: after Joe left I slammed the door and sat on the couch crying. I never wanted us to end this way. We were supposed to be best friends even after this. He wasn't supposed to fall in love with me.

I sighed loudly, and stood up sobbing to grab my phone. I didn't want to be alone in the condition I was, and I knew the only people I would get support from in this moments without asking and criticizing, was my family. I searched for Dallas and Maddie's contacts and wrote a text for them.

I need my sisters, I'm not feeling okay.

I read the text and deleted it. I hated to feel so weak. I hated to need someone all the time to avoid relapsing. I crawled in the couch hugging my knees and my dogs sat beside me.

It's gonna get better Demi, don't worry. I told myself until I started to calm but still felt empty in my chest. I dried my tears and went to take a bath to feel better, after it I took a pill to sleep and slept all day til it was late afternoon. I know I shouldn't take that kind of pills to sleep at any time, but I needed to be away from everything and that was the best way of doing it.

I slept since 3 a.m. to 12 p.m. of the next day and woke up. After drinking a coffee, I went to my room and started playing my guitar trying to stop thinking in Joe...

But I couldn't.

I resisted until Wednesday without doing something I would regret later. That day, I called Matthew and Sirah to have lunch with me and we ate watching a movie. It was a new netflix love story and I ended crying at end while they looked at me.

Matthew: Demi, are you okay?

Demi: you guys have no heart!

Sirah: oh we do...you're the one that doesn't cry with love stories

Demi: he fucking died and she couldn't find him on time! She couldn't even say goodbye! (I said sobbing and they frowned watching me)

Sirah: are you okay? (I nodded drying my tears) don't you miss Joe?

Demi: I'm not crying for him! (I said standing up)

Sirah: okay, sorry (she said with her hands up)

Matthew: are you on your period? (I rolled my eyes and chuckled angrily)

Demi: no, you just think I'm crazy cause you're heartless. I'm alright. You're the weird ones (they shrugged)

Sirah: maybe (I nodded and dried my tears)

We were paiting silently in my backyard when I sighed loudly.

Matthew: what happened?

Demi: I do miss him (they looked at me but I avoided glancing at them)

Sirah: you do?

Demi: there's something I haven't told you guys (I sat up straight and glanced at them)

Matthew: what?

Demi: we had a pretty big fight last weekend (they raised their eyebrows)

Sirah: why? What happened?

Demi: he broke the promise

Sirah: which promise?

Demi: he told me that...that he's been thinking for a while now that he loves me

Sirah: oh

Matthew: (his jaw dropped) are you kidding me?

Demi: no, I'm not

Matthew: and what happened after he did?

Demi: I told him we couldn't be anything more than best friends cause I didn't love me and that we had to stop with the sex thing

Sirah: and what did he say?

Demi: he told me that he was sure about me feeling something for him too. We yelled at each other and hurt each other as well...and he left..saying that he couldn't be just my friend anymore (Matthew shook his head)

Matthew: look I...if you want my opinion Demi, I think you should think properly if you have any kind of feelings for him.

Sirah: yea, and then talk with him about it

Matthew: Demi, life's too short to lose a friend for something like that and you, out of everyone, know it. (I nodded slowly) just think about it and whatever you realize, go talk with him...don't let a friendship as strong as yours break for this...it's not worthy