64.

JOE P.O.V.: I was listening to some music, cooking, drinking a beer and having fun being DJ for a while on Wednesday night when someone knocked on my door. I glanced at the time, maybe Jack forgot something here given that he was here some minutes ago and just left.

I walked to the door turning the music off and opened the door after sipping on my beer. The second I looked out the house, I rolled my eyes and tried to close the door but she stopped me with her hands.

Demi: Joe, wait

Joe: we don't have sex anymore, I don't know if you forgot about it (she shook her head)

Demi: I haven't forgot about it. I came to talk

Joe: talk about what? We already settled everything the last time we spoke

Demi: no, that wasn't everything. Please just let me in a-and...you don't even have to talk to me if you don't want to, you just need to listen to me...please? (I was still mad at her for breaking my heart but, when I could tell "no" to her?)

Joe: (I sighed and opened the door widely) it has to be quick

Demi: yes, thanks...it'll be quick (she took off her coat and gestured to the couch) take a sit?

Joe: I thought it was going to be quick

Demi: it will Joe, just please be kind...can you? (I sighed and we sat on the couch) listen I...I know everything I said the last time, I know I hurt you and you hurt me too but that's not why I'm here today.

Joe: why are you here then?

Demi: I came to talk like two adults and try to make any sense at everything that's happening between us. We can't let this friendship die, can we?

Joe: Demi-

Demi: no, think about it. You really want us to be strangers now just because we won't fuck again? I mean...we promised we wouldn't let that happen

Joe: it's not about fucking for me. How do you expect me to be your friend and hang out and do all those things that "best friends" do with you when I don't see you as a friend? I'll always consider you a friend but I can't play the part for you, cause it just kills me everytime we're together and I can't walk to you and kiss you out of nothing. I fell in love with you Demi and I get you feel nothing for me. The only way of moving on for me is taking a step away from you...it doesn't mean we'll never be close again, but I need time to stop seeing you as someone I'm in love with (she sighed looking to her hands as she played with her fingers and then shook her head slightly. She murmured something but I couldn't hear clearly so I moved closer to her) what?

Demi: I lied.

Joe: what? When did you lie?

Demi: I lied when I said that I feel nothing for you...cause I do feel something. Fuck, I feel everything but I...we can't be together Joe (I was kind of shocked so I had to push myself to talk)

Joe: why can't we?

Demi: (she looked at my eyes with teary eyes) I'm afraid.