91.

JOE P.O.V.: I watched Demi as she was trying to get some sleep cause her head was aching again and someone knocked on the door. I turned my eyes at it and Demi opened hers too.

Nurse: hello, we're gonna need to take her to another room to get her blood transfusion (I nodded)

Joe: sure (I said as I helped Demi to sit on a wheelchair)

Demi: can he come with me?

Nurse: of course (I glanced down at Demi and sighed)

Joe: I think is better if I stay here and talk with our families. Nick told me they're arriving. (She sighed loudly and nodded)

Demi: okay

Joe: sorry babe, I'll see you once I finish with them. Everything will go well

Demi: I hope so (I kissed her lips and the nurse drove her through the long cold hall to another room)

Nick: bro, how's her?

Joe: she's better I think...we're still worried for the baby (he nodded)

Nick: but I have faith that that baby is still there and strongly (I pressed my lips together as I felt my heart aching and nodded)

Joe: I wish so. I don't know what would happen if...(Nick shook his head slowly and tapped my back)

Nick: don't think negatively (I nodded glancing at him)

Joe: you don't seem surprised at all by her pregnancy

Nick: I started suspecting it when you talked with Kevin about parenthood...it wasn't really a surprise that you're expecting a baby, and plus I'm like...the only person who knows about you being an item again

Joe: yea, that's true (there was a brief moment of calm before they all showed up in the hall and walked to where we were. All of them with poker faces. It couldn't be a good sign)

They got to where we were and my brothers and Demi's sisters sat while our parents stood in front of me waiting for me to talk. It was intimidating.

Joe: I know you don't understand what's going on. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Dianna: since when are you guys dating?

Joe: we started seeing each other about four months ago or so but we really started dating last week

Denise: why didn't you tell us?

Joe: it was supposed to be a secret until we were more sure about us. We wanted to do it slowly but-

Paul: you got her pregnant (I nodded)

Dianna: how long is she? Or was she...(she said quietly and I gulped the lump on my throat)

Joe: we still don't know anything about the baby, but it's around 3 months long

Denise: since when do you guys know about the baby?

Joe: after we started dating, when Demi fainted at yours (I said pointing slightly to my parents and Dianna's jaw dropped)

Dianna: she fainted and no one told me? I'm her mom

Joe: we took her to the hospital and everything was fine...turned out she was pregnant and we decided to wait a while to tell you all. You didn't even know we were dating so we thought it'd be shocking to say "we're expecting a child" (they nodded and my dad sighed catching our attention)

Paul: I can't believe you didn't tell anyone! They're in danger now Joe, and it's all your fault for not telling us...did you at least took her to a medical appointment about the baby? (I felt tears in my eyes as I nodded angrily)

Joe: of course I did! You have no fucking right to tell me what I have or I don't have to do with my girlfriend and baby! I didn't told you cause I was fucking scared you wouldn't like us being together, let alone starting a family! I know Demi's parents may even dislike me for what I've been to her in the past but they'd always be there for her, no matter what. And I know mom would always be on my side but I was fucking afraid of telling you, shit! You dad treated her like shit a few ago and I won't simply forget that...you probably would've told Phil about it to "save my career" (he looked to the floor and I understood he already did it) there's no way...you told him, didn't you?

Paul: I was just trying to protect you and find the best way to proceed (I felt tears steaming down my cheeks and nodded)

Joe: you fucked it up once again, congrats! Now we have another thing to worry about

Paul: that's what you really have to worry about Jo-

Joe: shut your mouth, I'm warning you dad...the woman getting a fucking blood transfusion right now is my girlfriend, she's alone, she's scared, we're afraid we lost our first child, so don't fucking come at me saying that I should care about money when all I care in the world, literally, is in that room (I said as tears rolled down my eyes) I should have a supportive dad, to tell me everything will go well, and all I have is someone who doesn't care about my happiness

Denise: Joe, wait- (she said grabbing my arm as I walked passed them and I shook my head at her)

Joe: not now mom. I gotta go be with Demi (was all I said before leaving the hall to look for Demi)

I dried my tears as I entered to the white room where she was getting her blood transfusion and sat beside the stretcher she was laying on. She glanced at me with worried eyes.

Demi: babe, what happened?

Joe: nothing, don't worry (I said grabbing her hand)

Demi: Joe, you've been crying, I know you (I licked my lips and shook my head slowly as I glanced at out hands)

Joe: don't worry, I promise I'm fine (I said before kissing her lips with all the love I could make her feel)

Demi: they're gonna check on the...pregnancy

Joe: I know, we need to have faith, my love

Demi: I'm just so fucking scared (she whispered with teary eyes and I kissed her hand)

Joe: don't think in bad things now, kay?

Demi: okay (she said in a breathy whisper and looked to our hands while I admire her strength and beauty)

She's the only thing I care for.