92.

DEMI P.O.V.: I looked up to the ceiling as the door of the room opened and my doctor entered. Joe and I glanced at her and she sent me a slight smile.

Dr. Smith: Demi, I've just been called and told about what happened (I nodded slowly understanding her and she nodded at Joe as a greeting) from what I've been told, you fainted and bled, right? (I nodded unable to speak real words causa I was too scared for what could happen)

Joe: do you know why that happened?

Dr. Smith: it's possible that you had just an attempt of miscarriage...but it could've been also an actual miscarriage (she said as her voice trailed off)

I felt my eyes becoming teary as she grabbed the same artefact she used the last time I went to a medical appointment. It was the moment of truth and it scared the hell out of me. It was too much to handle.

I gasped quietly when she spread the cold gel around my belly and Joe grabbed my hand, our fingers intertwined. I could tell when I looked into his eyes, that he was going through the same fear I was.

Dr. Smith: let's see (she whispered before starting to move the little artefact through my tummy)

The screen was in complete black and I felt my heart starting to beat harder in my chest as desperation took all over my body. I was close to start sobbing when it happened.

Dr. Smith: you're still pregnant (she said smiling slightly and I released a sigh of relief thanking God mentally)

Joe: see? Everything is okay (he said before kissing my forehead)

The doctor glanced at us after some seconds and sighed slightly. Something wasn't right but I was even scared to ask.

Joe: what happened? Is everything okay? (She pressed her lips together)

Dr. Smith: you went through an attempt of miscarriage Demi, fortunately, you're baby is still there and going fine but...we can't assure you, you won't lose your baby in some time (I felt tears rolling down cheeks and shook my head)

Demi: what does this mean?

Dr. Smith: we can try and do the best to keep your baby safe, but we aren't sure they're gonna survive...I'm sorry

I'm sorry, she said and I felt my heart breaking, I started crying and glanced at her.

Demi: how many chances does my baby have to make it?

Dr. Smith: it's probably 50% (I sighed) there's nothing said, you need to try and keep your hopes up, a lot of babies had made it to the world in the same conditions

I started sobbing as I sat a little in the stretcher and Joe cleared his throat after planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

Joe: how will this work from now on?

Dr. Smith: there's a lot of things that will have to change in her life. No more coffee, no more gym, no more exposing her body to tours or shows, probably no more working out of home until the baby's bigger (I dried my tears trying to calm myself but it was impossible)

Demi: I'll do everything I have to, to keep my baby

Dr. Smith: and I'll try to help you as much as I can, I promise

Demi: thank you

Dr. Smith: what if I leave you guys alone to talk and come back tomorrow to talk about how we're gonna move from here? (I nodded)

Demi: yes, please (she nodded)

Dr. Smith: goodbye

Joe: bye (as the door of the room closed, I started sobbing again, uncontrollably)

It was like a nightmare. It was terrible.

Joe: hey, hey...stop crying babe (he whispered as he sat beside me in the stretcher, facing me)

Demi: didn't you hear what she said?! We have 50% of chances to lose our baby, Joe. That's not fucking fair! (I said and he wrapped his arms around me as I cried on his chest)

Joe: it's okay. I get you're scared, cause I'm too...but we also can't forget that there's a 50% of chances that our baby makes it, as well (I nodded and he dried my tears with his thumbs)

Demi: I'm scared

Joe: I know, me too...but we'll do this together princess, I won't ever leave you alone

Demi: n-no matter what happens in the future? (He shook his head)

Joe: no matter what (he said quietly before pressing his lips on mine as I tried to catch my breath and calm down)

I admired his strength and faith, but I was way too scared of losing the smallest part of me I had in my belly.