53.

DEMI P.O.V.: I turned around when I heard Valentina and Alena giggle and saw Joe and Nick joining us outside. I smiled when Joe picked up Alena and Nick, Valentina.

Joe: hey, how are you guys?

Alena: very good now that you're here. I missed you uncle Joe (they hugged and Nick frowned)

Nick: hey, what about me? I don't deserve love? (We laughed and Valentina hugged him)

Alena: I missed you too, uncle Nick (he kissed her cheek and Joe left Alena on the floor again) your friend Demi was showing us some pictures of her dogs, they're really cute

Joe: I know, we know them (she gasped)

Alena: and why don't I? (I laughed and looked at her)

Demi: you're invited to meet them whenever you want to

Valentina: can I go too? (She asked me as Nick left her on the floor and I nodded smiling)

Demi: sure you can

Denise: guys, food is ready, let's go sit (we started walking and I grabbed Joe's arm before he could enter the house)

Demi: Joe, I don't wanna cause any problems here...I know your dad isn't happy to see me, I think better if I leave

Joe: what? It's not better

Demi: I don't wanna kill the mood of your family being all together and I know I'm doing it by staying (he hugged me and kissed my head)

Joe: listen, I talked with them, you can and will stay here. Everything will be fine, don't worry

Demi: but- (he grabbed my hand and squeezed is briefly before letting it go)

Joe: hey, stop with it and let's go eat, okay? (I nodded slightly and we entered the house)

Alena: Demi, can you sit here with me? I wanna see more pictures of Batman and Cinderella (I chuckled)

Demi: sure princess (I sat between her and Valentina and helped them with their food during the lunch)

They kept me busy during the whole lunch asking me things and telling me some stories. I was glad tho, cause I didn't wanna feel uncomfortable again and they made me feel welcome. I noticed Joe watching me a couple times and just smiled at him.

We headed to the living room after eating and Frankie was the one with the most brilliant idea ever.

Frankie: why don't we watch movie before y'all go? Mom and dad never do that with me and now that we're all together they won't say "no" (we laughed)

Nick: sure Frank, put it on

Frankie: science fiction is my thing (he put a movie on and before playing it, everyone started to take a sit)

Alena and Valentina left to play in Denise and Paul's room, Dani and Kevin sat on the sofa with Paul and Denise, Frankie sat on a couch and Nick on the opposite side on another couch.

Joe: it's the floor for us

Denise: oh guys, you can bring some chairs

Demi: don't worry Denise, we'll be fine there (Joe threw a blanket on the floor in front of the sofa and we sat there together there)

As the movie started, the lights went off and I felt Joe leaning to me.

Joe: everything alright? I haven't talked with you since we arrived (he whispered and I nodded)

Demi: yea (we started watching the movie silently and when we were in the middle, Joe's parents left to see Alena and Valentina and never came back. We supposed they decided to take a nap there. Danielle and Kevin were cuddling and whispering things to each other, Nick was on his phone probably talking with Miley and Frankie was with his fully attention watching the movie)

I moved closer to Joe and rested my head on his shoulder.

Joe: you're tired? I can take you home if you want to

Demi: no, I'm okay, I wanna watch the movie (he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I covered out bodies with a another blanket)

I hated to feel what I felt, but it felt right. To be hold by him, it felt right, it made me feel safe. And it scared me a lot but I didn't move.