Chapter 31

34 hours missing"You're the ones who spend the most time with Samuel

34 hours missing
"You're the ones who spend the most time with Samuel.His classmates.His friends.I am sure that one of you must know what happend to him.And my job is to find out"The detective says while looking at all the students
Catarina's POV
I was looking at my phone and I feel someone sit besides me.I look up and see Polo."Hey I need to talk to you" Polo says while looking at me."What's going on?Are you ok?"I ask."Yea-yeah I am but I just I need someone to talk to"Polo says and I nod."I'm here"I say with a small smile."How can you deal with a secret that makes you feel so guilty to keep it down inside that you can't even hold it in"Polo says and I look at him."Polo if it's really affecting you,you should tell someone"I say."How didn't it affect you?"Polo asks and I look at him confused. "What?"I ask."I-"Polo starts to say but looks around and gets close to me."I know you had a affair with Mr.Sanchez"Polo says and my eyes widen."H-How?"I ask."I saw you two but don't worry I'll keep it a secret"Polo says and I nod."Was that the secret?"I ask and he shakes his head."It's something else"Polo says."Well if it's really affecting you,you should atleast tell someone... hmmm..tell me I'll keep it a secret"I say and Polo shakes his head."I can't it's jus-never mind"Polo says and he stands up."Thank you for helping me Cata"Polo says and walks away.That was weird anyways.I stand up but then I feel someone take my hand and pulling me towards somewhere making me walk."I want to show you something"Lucrecia says while she leads me to the break room.We see the new girl in front of the vending machine with a group of girls."That what you were going to show me?"I ask and Lucrecia nods. "Lu I don't care-"I was cut off by Lucrecia pulling me with her while we walk towards the new girl."You won't believe it,but this is the first time I've used one of these"The new girl says with excitement."Are you serious?Didn't they have one at your other school?" Lucrecia says while chuckling.The new girl looks at Lucrecia and I."I haven't set foot in a school in four years.I'm thrilled to be back in one.Its so...school-like,you know what I mean?"The new girl says.I came into the conclusion that she's kind of annoying."So,you haven't studied in four years?"I ask."You're repeating a year?"Lucrecia asks."No,I studied from home.Homeschooled.With private teachers and all that stuff." The new girl says and Lucrecia and I look at each other."It's the worst thing about never staying in one place.I'm so happy to be back.I really missed all this."The new girl says while smiling.She looks at the vending machine and points at a candy."Not this one,Forty-five right?"The new girl says while looking at the vending machine."Really?Those chips?If you're going to eat that many calories, at least get something worthwhile" Lucrecia says and pushes the new girl out of the vending machine and types in a number."Forty-three"Lucrecia says.The vending machine gives the new girl her snack."Thank you so much girls.And thank you.You've been lovely.Bye"The new girl says while walking away.A friend of ours walks up to us."Have y'all seen the photos of her house?"Salome says. Lucrecia and I look at each other."What?"I ask.She shows us pictures of her house."They're so cool.And she lives alone,no parents." She says."Alone?I don't believe it" Lucrecia says.
_______________________________________